Sims 4 won't open/show up in applications

by emmahhk

Original Post

Sims 4 won't open/show up in applications

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So, I'm having this issue where I have no trouble downloading my sims 4 game in origin onto my mac and everything, but when its installed and I try to open it, the icon jumps and then the screen goes black for a few seconds, and it shuts down again. When I go to my application folder the game isn't showing up, which it usually would, like the game is simply not on my computer, even though the electronic arts + the sims 4 folder is showing up in my documents (if that makes sense). This only became an issue after I recently reset my computer, before that everything was working just fine. 

I've tried everything now, uninstalled and reinstalled origin, uninstalled and reinstalled the game, turned my computer on and off, repaired the game, updated everything possible, moved the electronic + the sims 4 folder onto my desktop. I've simply tried everything, and nothing works. Can someone please help, or explain to me why this is happening? Since I just really want to play Frown

(in the pictures you can see how the game doesn't show up in my applications nor when I search for it)

Message 1 of 8 (6,439 Views)

Re: Sims 4 won't open/show up in applications

Hero

Hi @emmahhk

I moved your post to the mac forum for better help

Tagging @Bluebellflora 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (6,370 Views)

@emmahhk

In Origin > Preferences > Installs & Saves where is it showing the game library location?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 8 (6,349 Views)

★★★ Newbie

it says applications and when i click on it, it shows that the sims 4 is in my applications infact. but when i go to the finder and then applications, it just isnt thereFrown  and i still cant open my game

Message 4 of 8 (6,331 Views)

@emmahhk

But is it the Applications folder in your Mac user account or is it installed in another user account on your Mac and you have been denied access to it?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 5 of 8 (6,309 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can't find sims 4 in my applications folder either, but I only have one user on my mac.

Message 6 of 8 (6,200 Views)

@sparkletwinkles

If you do a Spotlight search does it find it?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 7 of 8 (6,189 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I found that if I did a spotlight search for 'Users', opened that folder and clicked on the main user and then opened the 'Applications' folder, The Sims 4 application was in there. So I just dragged it into the applications folder in the side bar in Finder.

Message 8 of 8 (5,667 Views)