Sims 4 won't download - MAC

by amongue14

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 won't download - MAC

★★★ Novice

I've been playing my sims4 on my mac for over a year now and I just got the sims4 get together expansion pack, which happened to be the only one that I didn't have. It was bought and my account says it was processed and delivered to my mac (bought as a download), however I couldn't find it. When I looked at the store it said I don't own it. I asked EA for help and they said that I own it. I tried EVERYTHING. As a last resort, I tried uninstalling my sims games but now I can't even install the base game. It says download failed, check internet connection and try again. My connection is perfectly fine.... EA doesn't help me AT ALL. I contacted them twice about this and they didn't help. 

I really just want to play my games that I BOUGHT. 

Message 1 of 13 (12,324 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 won't download - MAC

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@puzzleaddict

Thanks! I reset my origin and so far it is able to download my games! :D
If it ends up not working I'll try installing High Sierra.

View in thread

Message 7 of 13 (12,165 Views)

All Replies

@amongue14 

You can try running the Origin reset tool for macs:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

If this doesn't help, the problem may be that Origin is not compatible with your operating system.  Players running Yosemite have been having issues for a couple of weeks now, and while EA is working on a solution, the only immediate fix is to update your OS.  Installing High Sierra will fix the issue, but if your computer can't support it, El Capitan should be good enough.  You can search the app store to find either one.  You can also keep an eye on this thread for updates on the Origin issue:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/Empty-Game-Library-Server-Error/m-p/6947610#M13261

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 13 (12,273 Views)

★★ Novice

I was having the same issues, bought a new expansion and couldn't download. Came across this forum post and updated my OS to high sierra only for my Origin app to no longer be able to load my ENTIRE game library. Spoke to an EA rep who said it is a "known issue" for macs and they are going to "roll out a universal fix" in the next few WEEKS. Play without your new expansion until this is resolved. I can't play my game at all now until EA fixes this issue and I am beyond ticked. 

Message 3 of 13 (12,246 Views)

@lovestronger

There is currently an issue with Yosemite but not High Sierra. In fact the fix is to upgrade to a newer version of macOS if running Yosemite. The current thread is here - https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/Empty-Game-Library-Server-Error/m-p/6938454#M13245

Have you tried running the Origin reset tool? https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/ or logging out then back into Origin?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 13 (12,244 Views)

★★ Novice

I am running High Sierra, updated from Yosemite, and I just now ran the Origin reset tool and it's still saying that the server can't load my game library. I'll check out that other thread too, just wanted to let you know here that it's an issue on High Sierra for me too 

Message 5 of 13 (12,225 Views)

@lovestronger

I believe that is a different issue as this one is Yosemite specific. Can you try the suggestions in the Origin Mac help thread here - https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Origin-Troubleshooting-and-Information/m-p/5371659...

Another user was having the same issue in High Sierra after upgrading and it turned out to be proxy related.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 6 of 13 (12,217 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@puzzleaddict

Thanks! I reset my origin and so far it is able to download my games! :D
If it ends up not working I'll try installing High Sierra.

Message 7 of 13 (12,166 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same issue and tried these steps and now I can't play the game at all. I contacted EA and they said it is a 'known' issue. I wonder how long it will take to fix Frown 

Message 8 of 13 (11,429 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Has this been fixed for you ?

Message 9 of 13 (9,819 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Still not fixed as of November 20 2019.

EA told me it's a "known issue" and told me to check the forums.. ridiculous.  I just want my money back

Message 10 of 13 (9,370 Views)