Re: Sims 4 on Mac won't open

by fons_garmo

Original Post

Sims 4 on Mac won't open

★★★ Newbie
I have installed The Sims 4 on Mac os x Yosemite 10.10.3 through Origin. I clicked the 'play' button but nothing happen. The game won't run or open. I also have tried uninstall and reinstall the game several times but the same problem occurred.
Message 1 of 2 (210 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Sims 4 on Mac won't open

Hi @cashierqueen,

Please try manually removing Origin by following this instructions of EA Help:

Start by dragging the Origin client launcher or executable file to Trash or Recycle Bin.

To remove all traces of the Origin client from your system, open Finder and hold Command--or the Apple Key--Shift and G to open a Go to the folder: prompt, and type in ~/Library/ and hit Go.

In ~/Library/:

1. Go into Preferences and delete com.ea.origin.plist
  2. Go back to ~/Library/ and then head into Launchdaemons and delete com.ea.origin.eshelper.plist
  3. Go back to ~/Library/ and now jump into Application Support and delete origin
  4. Go back to ~/Library/ and, finally, go into Priveligedhelpertools and delete com.ea.origin.eshelper

Completing the steps above should completely remove the Origin client from your system.

After that, download Origin again by clicking here, log into your account and try to play again.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 2 of 2 (203 Views)