Sims 4 keeps crashing during gameplay on MAC

by katzal84

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 keeps crashing during gameplay on MAC

★ Novice

I'm trying to play Sims 4 on my MAC, but ever since the last Sims-Update, the game keeps crashing after the graphics go crazy (see attachment). This happens immediately after the Sims travel anywhere, or otherwise after a few minutes of gameplay. I tried calling the hotline, but there is only prolonged silence on the other end after the welcome message. I tried finding the Call Me option to request a call back, but it isn't in the contact options. I'm really getting frustrated!

Message 1 of 4 (704 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 keeps crashing during gameplay on MAC

@katzal84

Thanks. Unfortunately your Mac is one of the ones affected that EA have yet to release a fix for. There is an issue with some NVIDIA graphics cards and El Capitan. Please see this stickied thread for more details - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Mac-OS-X-El-Capitan-and-The-Sims-4/m-p/4831523#U4831523.

I'm locking this thread but please feel free to post in the linked thread. If you do post please include that picture, it's an excellent example of the issue!

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (760 Views)

All Replies

@katzal84

Ouch, that hurts my eyes!

What Mac do you have? Click on the Apple icon in the top left corner of your desktop and select About This Mac. Please provide the following information (you may need to click on More Info depending on what operating system you're running:

- Operating System (Version)
- Mac model
- Processor
- Memory (RAM)
- Graphics

- Have you tried to repair the game in Origin? Right click on the game in My Games and select Repair Game.
- Do you use CC/Mods? If so, have you tried removing them and seeing if that fixes your problem?
- What Expansion, Stuff and Game Packs do you have installed?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 2 of 4 (683 Views)

★ Novice

Hi @Bluebellflora!

I know, right? Hurts my eyes, too. 

- I'm currently running OS X El Capitan, Version 10.11.1

- I have a MacBook Pro (15", mid 2012, no retina display). 

- Processor: 2,3 GHz Intel Core i7

- Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 512 MB

I just tried repairing the game like you suggested, and now it's greyed out in Origin, i.e. I can't start it at all.

I'm not using any custom content. As far as expansions go, I have the Outdoor Retreat and the Holiday Celebration Pack.

Thank you!

Message 3 of 4 (675 Views)

@katzal84

Thanks. Unfortunately your Mac is one of the ones affected that EA have yet to release a fix for. There is an issue with some NVIDIA graphics cards and El Capitan. Please see this stickied thread for more details - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Mac-OS-X-El-Capitan-and-The-Sims-4/m-p/4831523#U4831523.

I'm locking this thread but please feel free to post in the linked thread. If you do post please include that picture, it's an excellent example of the issue!

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 4 (761 Views)