Sims 4 flickering after June 19th patch

by Emmylerose

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 flickering after June 19th patch

★★★ Novice

So I only have the bass game in and it still persists. I played the game a bit, it’s flickering through the menu bar and where you see your sims status on the bottom mostly, the gameplay itself isn’t too terrible but it does still flicker. 

In CAS the colours look odd, I’ve attached a picture to show you the hair. There’s blue dots - speaking of dots the black ones are still there when I start up. 

It it seems to be getting worse each time I go on. 

Message 11 of 14 (445 Views)

@Emmylerose

Thanks for trying and sorry it's still persisting. Does it happen in any other graphic intense apps on your Mac? Do you have Photoshop or equivalent installed, or video editing software?

Could you reset the NVRAM on your Mac? Instructions here - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/ht204063

If that doesn't fix it then boot into safe mode, instructions here - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/ht201262 then load your game and see if it is still happening.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 12 of 14 (430 Views)

★★★ Novice

I don’t have any other games on my laptop or big applications, really the only thing is The Sims. 

The first thing you said didn’t change anything and the safe boot made my everything on my laptop flicker so I put it back to normal - it’s fine now. 

Message 13 of 14 (409 Views)

@Emmylerose

Yes, booting into safe mode can cause it to flicker momentarily, that's not unusual.

I really don't know what else to suggest, we've exhausted everything I can think of Frown Have you disabled your antivirus to see if that makes a difference?

Do you have an Apple Store near you? It may be worth taking it into the genius bar to have them take a look. I don't think it's the Intel graphics chip causing the issue though as it's only affecting the game window.

Uninstalling and reinstalling/clean Sims 4 user folder/no Mods or CC/new user account - these are all the things which should resolve a graphics issue.

Having Origin in-game enabled can also cause issues but I don't think graphics related. You could disable it, see if it helps.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 14 of 14 (393 Views)