Sims 4 downloaded on Windows, no problem. Stopped at 91% on mac?

by emerrill5584

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 for Mac Won't download

★★ Novice

this sucks...I am so anxious to play!! Confusedmileysad:

Message 21 of 43 (582 Views)

Sims 4 won't download to my mac

★★★ Newbie

I keep getting "Download Error...check your internet connection or try again later".  My internet is just fine and the copy I have is the PC version (which should still okay).

Are the servers just flooded?  It was at 62 percent then failed for some reason.

Message 22 of 43 (514 Views)

Re: Cannot Download Sims 4 to Mac

★★★ Newbie

I just had the same problem. I tried the EA online chat but my wait time is 470 minutes ... this is crazy!!! Hope someone finds a solution soon. 

Message 23 of 43 (521 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Try again! Mine has started to download now. It may be fixed! 

Message 24 of 43 (550 Views)

★★ Novice
Mine has started also. I'm only at a whopping 5% but hey it has started. Standard smile
Message 25 of 43 (539 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yaaayyy! I finally am at 12% and that was 30 min worth. I expect this will take all night. guess we better sleep on it and then wake up. haha. Happy simming! Standard smile 

Message 26 of 43 (531 Views)

★★ Novice
Yep I'm at 14% luckily I am off from work tomorrow. So I will stay up and wait. I'll find u online.
Message 27 of 43 (528 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Cool beans! Yeah look me up! I guess I have to stay up to, because my Mac dims, and when it dims the download pauses. Its gonna be like 5:30 am until it starts.lol. 

Message 28 of 43 (518 Views)

Re: Downloading error with The sims 4 on mac

★★★ Newbie

I was "Encountering a Problem" when trying to download to my Mac. I purchased the PC version when it first came out, so this isn't a recent purchase. 

I've just figured out how to make the download work. Instead of downloading from the My Games page, click on the More Information button on The Sims 4 icon to open it up. And the download works from that page. Hopefully it goes all the way! I'll post if it doesn't work.

Message 29 of 43 (500 Views)

★★ Novice
Ok cool. Try turning off sleep mode on your computer and then it won't dim. At least temporarily. That's what I did and I am at 48%. Almost halfway there. Lol.
Message 30 of 43 (503 Views)