Re: Sims 4 cc not showing up (tried everything)

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sims 4 cc not showing up (tried everything)

★★ Novice

I’ve been running the sims 4 on my Mac for a few months and have been an avid cc user, but after the recent update any new cc I download doesn’t appear in cas. The old cc worked fine, but I decided to delete all my mods and start fresh to see if that was the problem. It didn’t work and now I can’t use any cc in my game and I’ve been digging through forums searching for solutions for an hour! Frown I don’t use iCloud, I don’t have any subfolders, my cc is all package files, I have script mods/cc selected in options, and they all require no mesh. help D:

Message 1 of 9 (1,002 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@monkygrill Is the resource.cfg file in your Mods folder? Have you also tried repairing the game?

Message 2 of 9 (972 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

You have to go to your game play settings and choose allow custom content and script mods. 

Message 3 of 9 (964 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@monkygrill Have you tried downloading newly made CC? If it works, and the old CC doesn't, try contacting the developer who made the CC. Hopefully, they can test and update it.

Message 4 of 9 (946 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, I’ve tried both your suggestions and it still won’t work Frown

Message 5 of 9 (929 Views)

★★ Novice

I already did that and it still doesn’t work

Message 6 of 9 (928 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Has anyone found a solution yet? I too am struggling with this problem on my mac. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, deleting the resource.cfg and downloading a new one, deleting the resource.cfg and running without it. Only adding one cc in at a time nothing is working. I've scoured the internet for hours trying to find a solution help. 

Message 7 of 9 (864 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

update: I even reinstalled the game and it still isn’t working! My game is just pretending mods never existed, it doesn’t show up as a sorting option in create a sim! ARGH

Message 8 of 9 (733 Views)

@monkygrill  I'm a TS3 player myself, but the true expert on all Sims/mac related issues (Bluebellflora) deals with both TS3 and TS4, and a couple of weeks ago, she posted an article about players recently not being able to use mods or custom content:

https://bluebellflora.com/2018/05/13/cc-and-mods-not-showing-up-in-game/

Here's her guide for installing cc in general, in case you want to compare screenshots:

https://bluebellflora.com/itsaprilxds-how-to-install-mods-on-a-mac-guide-the-sim-4/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 9 of 9 (718 Views)