Sims 4 Won't Open Due To Corrupted Files

by Sugar_Apple_Pie

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 Won't Open Due To Corrupted Files

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much for the suggestion, but I have already tried that. I am going to see if there is something I can install for it. It is just super annoying since I love sims and without cc its just not the same.

Message 31 of 99 (3,431 Views)

Champion

There are no CC cleaner programs for the Mac OS. Instead you'll have to either run it in Bootcamp or a Windows emulation program. This also requires you to have a copy of Windows. 

As @puzzlezaddict advised you should go back and check the websites where you downloaded your CC from and download new copies. You'll have to do this each time new content, patches or updates come out for the game. If you own a lot of CC, pick the few pieces you can't live without. Same with mods.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 32 of 99 (3,400 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thank you 

Message 33 of 99 (3,275 Views)

Champion

Just another note due to the 11-13-2018 patch, most mods will no longer work once you update to the current patch as EA/Maxis has updated their version of Python so that this update affects Core Script Mods. Please check back with the Creators of these mods to see if they have updated them to work with the current patch or are working to update them. In the meantime, simply remove all mods from the game until they are updated.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 34 of 99 (3,258 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hey @AdysonMcBride. I was having the same problem. All you have to do is go to the option 'My game library", find TheSims4, right click and then an options bar will come down, find the 'repair' option and click it. Hope this helps!
Message 35 of 99 (3,240 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hey @Sugar_Apple_Pie. If this is still an issue, all you have to do is follow the files in which the error listed (Applications,TheSims4.app, Contents etc) And delete the file it listed (ClientDeltaBuild1.package) and then it will work fine! Hope this helped you!
Message 36 of 99 (3,229 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Click on the game and then go into the settings. the repair option is there 

Message 37 of 99 (3,205 Views)

★★★ Novice

I FIXED IT!!! 

what I did was I took out the corrupted file. 

That didn't work so I moved the folder that file was in and just put it in a new folder!

So my corrupted file was in my build/buy folder I made, I moved that folder to my desktop and went back to my Mods folder and made a new Build/buy folder and just put the cc into that folder. 

Hope this helped!

Message 38 of 99 (3,155 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have repaired the game but the message, stating... 

Unable to Start:

Cannot start because the below file appears to be corrupted. 

If this file is a mod, please remove it and try again. If not , 

please repair or reinstall the Sims 4 via Origin.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have found the mod and deleted it, but it seems to still be there.

Message 39 of 99 (3,125 Views)

@Cayleywinks

Trash the localthumbcache.package file in your Sims 4 folder then repair the game again.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 40 of 99 (3,116 Views)