Re: Sims 4 Won't Open Due To Corrupted Files

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Hi,i have the same "corrupted file" issue and ive reinstalled the game and it still says it,ive deleted the file and it still says it,and when i repair it the loading thing never ends up finishing also just today i tried reparing it and it said verifying game files or preparing and it was loading for like 3 hours and i dont know what to do,  please help if u can. Standard smile

Message 41 of 99 (4,560 Views)

Champion

@natasha88138689 , try moving the entire Sims 4 folder (Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 4) to your Desktop and do NOT delete it! This is where your saved games are store. Next start up the game to see if it still stuck at loading the game. The game will regenerate a new Sims 4 folder. If your game loads and comes to the starting menu, remember that none of your saved games, CC or mods will be present at this time. Start up a new game to see if the game starts correctly and that there are no other issues present at this time. Play for about an hour and quit the game. 

If the game started up ok and played ok, then it is probably a mod that is out of date or a piece of CC that is either a very high poly count or out of date as well. Before adding any mods back, check the sites you downloaded them from and make sure that they have been updated to work with the latest patched version of the game. (Last patch was dated 12/20/2018). Once you have insured you have the latest versions, add each mod back one at a time, start up the game and make sure that it loads and starts up correctly. Repeat this process until you have added all your mods back and verified that they all work and your game starts and plays without issues. Same with your CC. You can add back a few pieces at a time (I recommend no more than 10), start your game and verify that all is working ok. Unfortunately there is no program written for the Mac OS that will check your CC for "bad" content. You will manually have to cull your CC by hand. 

If this does not solve your problems, please post your Mac Specs here. Do not post your Serial Number! Here is the link on how to find that information if you need to do so.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-3-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/749...

Please keep us posted.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 42 of 99 (4,547 Views)

@natasha88138689

Set up a new user account on your Mac and see if you can play a brand new clean game in that account.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 43 of 99 (4,536 Views)

★★★ Newbie
you have to click the settings button
Message 44 of 99 (4,442 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@Sugar_Apple_Pie wrote:

When I try to open Sims 4, I get this message:

Unable to start:

Cannot start because the below file appears to be corrupted. Please repair or reinstall the game via Origin.

/Applications/The Sims 4.app/Contents/Data/Client/ClientDeltaBuild1.package

[bdbb60ea:29f00e76:00000000:00000000]

Is there any other way to fix this other than reinstalling the game as that takes a really long time and if I do reinstall the game will my data be deleted?

Hi, so I read that message and it informed what the problematic item was so I looked into my mods and had found that item so I right clicked on it and it gave me an option to delete it. It worked for me and my game is working fine. Try that, it should work. Best of luck 👍🏼

Message 45 of 99 (4,323 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Go into your mods file and in the message it said what was causing the issue, find that in mods and right click to find the delete option then delete it and your game should work. It worked for me. Good luck 👍🏼

Message 46 of 99 (4,323 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This same thing happened to me a while ago. Since you don’t want to reinstall your game, is go on Origin and click the cover. Then press settings and the repair icon should show!

Message 47 of 99 (4,305 Views)

★★★ Newbie

THANK YOU SO MUCH THIS IS THE ONLY ONE THAT HAS WORKED FOR ME 

Message 48 of 99 (4,217 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Take all of your custom content out of the mods folder and put it onto your desktop and then delete the mods folder click off finder then click on finder>documents>ea>sims 4 and the mods folder will regenerate then move all your cc back in to the mods folder and your game will now work 

Message 49 of 99 (4,216 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

You could try this. Try to open the Sims 4. When you get the notification it tells you which file is corrupted. Then search the file name and get rid of everything like the file and of course, the file itself. Standard smile 

Message 50 of 99 (4,127 Views)