Re: Sims 4 Won't Open Due To Corrupted Files

by Ajon76

Original Post

★★★ Novice
Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to get it to work and instead had to use it on a different computer.
Message 11 of 99 (13,883 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hey, I have reinstalled the game twice and tried to repair it multiple times, any idea how to help?
Message 12 of 99 (13,556 Views)

@nicole148293

Run the Origin reset tool - https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 13 of 99 (13,536 Views)

★★★ Newbie
My game did the same thing, I uninstalled both the game and the origin plus I repaired the game, still there was no change when I reinstalled them, I had to move my sims mod folder to the desk screen, then it started back working, You just have to go through the file and upload the downloads back into the game without putting the corrupt file back in.
I hope this helps....
Message 14 of 99 (13,283 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, 

I have a similar yet unique problem. I play the sims on my iMac and I keep in mind I have the EXACT same mods. I put my mods on a sd drive to put on my sisters laptop so she could share my mods, but when I went to start the game I get the same exact corrupted file error but for MC command center but it works perfectly fine on my computer? I don't understand whats wrong. I've tried repairing, even uninstalling and re-installing the game and the problem still exists even though the corrupted file is gone. If the file does not exist then why am I getting the corrupted file only on one computer when both have the same mods??

Message 15 of 99 (13,119 Views)

@liondreamer27  It would be better to redownload any mods directly onto a new computer instead of transferring them over.  The files could have been corrupted when you copied them.

Now, though, the best thing to do would be to drag the entire TS4 folder on your sister's computer out of Documents and onto the desktop.  The game will spawn a new folder with no content the next time you launch it.  If this folder lets you play properly, you can move over your existing saves from your old folder, and then redownload any third-party content.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 16 of 99 (13,109 Views)

★★ Novice

Idk how it would be corrupted on hers if I can still play on my computer perfectly fine. Is it possible its an issue because its Apple transferring to Windows? But then again we've done it before and it was perfectly fine. As a matter of fact, she already had MC command center on her computer and her game played perfectly fine, so idk whats causing this issue. Redownloading all of the mods again could take weeks... Lol I have 23gb of mods...

Message 17 of 99 (13,095 Views)

@liondreamer27  Wow, that's a lot of mods.  In that case, I'd still generate a clean folder, just to establish that the game is functioning properly.  Then I think it would still be best to download MCCC again, since it originally generated the error message you saw.  Test it out in-game to make sure the new version is fine, and then you can move the rest of your mods into the new folder in batches and test them out.  Any batch that works (i.e. showing up in-game and no errors thrown) can be moved somewhere else for safekeeping while you test the others.  (While this is going on, either back up your saves or keep them somewhere else so that you don't risk corrupting them by accident.)

I've heard that some mods have separate versions for mac and PC, although I don't know of any specific examples.  But it would be a good idea to check some of your sources to make sure the mods you already have aren't mac-only.  That could also cause error messages, or worse.

Message 18 of 99 (13,083 Views)

★★ Novice

OMG!!! So I completely wiped it clean of mods emptied the recycle bin too and totally restarted with new mods and it STILL is saying the game can't start because of the corrupted Mc Command center that doesn't even exist on the computer! What the hell.... What do I do when the game won't start because of something that doesn't exist? I didn't even download it at all so how is it there?

Message 19 of 99 (13,001 Views)

@liondreamer27  Did you specifically try running the game in a clean folder?  Because often it's not enough to just remove the problematic mods.  Specifically, drag the existing TS4 folder out of Documents and onto the desktop and then launch the game again; does it still throw the error?  If not, download a fresh copy of MCCC (make sure it's compatible with your version of the game, especially now that a new patch has been released), and then try again.  If this works, make a copy of this clean folder for safekeeping, and then you can start adding your other mods in batches to test them out.

If the freshly downloaded version of MCCC generates more error messages, I'd highly suspect that it wasn't compatible with your patch level.  Has the game been properly updated on this computer?  I don't know how reliable TS4 updates are, but if a patch was improperly installed, that could account for the incompatibility of the game and MCCC.  I'm not the expert on this sort of thing, but if repairing the game through Origin didn't help, this would be the point where I'd contemplate a complete uninstall and reinstall of TS4.

If a completely clean folder throws errors before you even put anything in it, I would wonder if the installation itself was broken.  Again, if repairing the game didn't work, that would be a reason to completely uninstall and reinstall the game.

If you do end up cleaning house, you might as well uninstall and reinstall Origin as well.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

By the way, it's probably a good idea to generate a new clean folder whenever you're trying another troubleshooting step.  That way, you're not keeping the possibly borked results of a different process.

One last thing that occurred to me:  Be sure when you download something, your computer is really using a fresh download and not just reaching into the downloads folder for an existing file.  You can empty the downloads folder each time you try something, just to make sure.

Message 20 of 99 (12,990 Views)