Re: Sims 4 Won't Launch (Mac)

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Sims 4 Won't Launch (Mac)

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? I can't say because I can't get into the Sims 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I only have base game and the Cats and Dogs game pack. (No custom content)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I click on Orgin, but it says that it can't launch even though I already updated everything, and when I click on the Sims 4 icon that's supposed to open the Sims 4 it also doesn't launch.
What happens when the bug occurs? At first when I got the game and everything was in working order I would click on the Orgin app at the bottom of my screen. Afterwards Orgin would open and I would click on the Sims 4 and launch it. After a while when I open Orgin it doesn't open but just jumps once on the spot. When I click on the Sims 4 button also on the button of the screen, it opens the game. But recently when I click on the Sims 4 button it also just jumps once on the spot, then does nothing at all. When I click on Orgin it says that it can't open. I tried resetting my game, but that does nothing at all to help the issue.
What do you expect to see? I expect that either way, the game Sims 4 will open and I can play it and have fun.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This problem has happened to me before, and what I did was reset the game. But when I did, even though I put the backup of my Sims 4 files into my EA folder all my game history was gone. Everything. I tried resetting it again, and this time I made two copies of my Sims 4 file and decided that if one didn't work, the other might. But resetting my game this time did nothing and Sims 4 button is still jumping once and doing nothing afterwards. 

Message 1 of 2 (344 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Won't Launch (Mac)

@MockingjayLegend

Please right click on the game in your Origin games library and select repair game to see if that fixes it.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (319 Views)