Sims 4 - Seasons not showing up

by Quaraliel

Original Post

Sims 4 - Seasons not showing up

★★ Novice

I have downloaded The Seasons expansion - Origin says it is installed and everything is fine. I have updated the game beforehand.

But the expansion is not showing up in game at all! I clicked on the green icon, it downloaded some info and the icon is glowing now (it was grey before, as if I didn't buy the DLC), the pop-up window says it is downloaded, but the content is not showing up at all!

I tried repairing the base game and the DLC but it didn't help.

Is there anything else I can do? Can I somehow uninstall the game and install it again? I know there was this option before in Origin, but I can't find it now.

Message 1 of 4 (4,158 Views)

Re: Sims 4 - Seasons not showing up

@Quaraliel  The option to uninstall TS4 shows up when you right-click on the game icon in your Origin library.  But before you do so, you can try repairing the game instead; it's on the same list of options as uninstalling.  It might also be helpful to run the Origin reset tool for macs before proceeding.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

If you do uninstall TS4 entirely, be sure to pull your game folder out of Documents so that it doesn't get deleted as well.  This folder contains your saves and other user content, so if you want to save anything in there, you should store the folder elsewhere or back up its contents.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (4,129 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you. Is there a way to uninstall just the DLC?

I have tried repairing and it didn't help...

Message 3 of 4 (4,123 Views)

@Quaraliel  When I googled ways to uninstall a pack and not the entire game, I only found solutions from several years ago, and some expert opinions that it's safer to just go ahead and uninstall the entire game.  So if you want to make sure you're not breaking your install, that's probably the way to go.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (4,106 Views)