Sims 4 Screen Glitch

by cvroline

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Screen Glitch

★★★ Novice

Hello!

I haven't been able to find anyone with this problem yet and it just started recently. A few ays ago my game was running normally, I had all my CC installed and it was going fine, I thought about downloading a mod, I did and it made my game all funk when I got into live mode. The screen flickered and it was distorted so i closed my game and removed the mod, thinking it would resolve the problem but it didn't. I then decided to remove all my mods and CC in case anything had gotten corrupted, and it did nothing and was still the same. I also used the repair game option in origin to see if it would help, and that didn't do anything. Since I haves a mac I read up on some forums and moved my game out of my documents and onto my desktop to generate new game files and the glitches still happened but only when i clicked on the game options (where you can exit, save, etc) but once i clicked something ti stopped. I felt like I could live with this and added back in my CC, hair only, and the game went crazy. I took a video of it but it's a bit difficult to see it, so i have included some stills below. If anyone has any suggestions/solutions I would like to know! 

Thank you!

Message 1 of 18 (55,432 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 Screen Glitch

[ Edited ]

@cvroline

You're welcome Standard smile

You may have had your in-game graphics settings too high which caused the glitches. By trashing the Options.ini file the game has reverted back to default settings. Unfortunately the Intel HD 4000 has been a bit glitchy ever since the game came out but if you keep the settings low you should be fine.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 6 of 18 (67,800 Views)

All Replies

@cvroline

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

If your Mac has NVIDIA graphics this may be the issue - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/macOS-Sierra-Sims-3-and-Sims-4/m-p/5542951/highlight/true#M483...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 2 of 18 (55,318 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora

Here are my specs:

Operating System-  OS X 10.9.5 (i think this is what you meant by operating system?)

Mac model- Macbook Pro 13-Inch 2013

Processor- 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory (RAM)- 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics- Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB

Thank you for helping me out with this Standard smile

Message 3 of 18 (55,309 Views)

@cvroline

Thanks Standard smile

Can you go into Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 and drag the Options.ini file to the trash. Now try playing, is it better?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 18 (55,293 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora

This made the game run so much better, how ever when moving faces in CAS it still glitches a bit and same in live mode, but this made the game at least playable, so thank you!!

Message 5 of 18 (55,286 Views)

[ Edited ]

@cvroline

You're welcome Standard smile

You may have had your in-game graphics settings too high which caused the glitches. By trashing the Options.ini file the game has reverted back to default settings. Unfortunately the Intel HD 4000 has been a bit glitchy ever since the game came out but if you keep the settings low you should be fine.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 18 (67,801 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora

Oooh, ok, thank you! I'll play around with it, I'm just a little sad that i now have to play on nower settings, my game had been running on high everything for the past two years, but I'l adjust. But again, thank you so much!

Message 7 of 18 (55,270 Views)

@cvroline

It's common unfortunately. As more content is added to the game - add on packs, CC, Mods, patches - it gradually requires more power. Operating System updates may also affect it until the developer adds support. 

AHQSigImage.png
Message 8 of 18 (55,267 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora

That make sense, I'll play around with the settings a bit to see if I can at least get my sims to be higher quality, thank you so much for all your help!

Message 9 of 18 (55,262 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have options but not options.ini

Message 10 of 18 (38,621 Views)