Re: Sims 4 Screen Flickering

by TillyMilly25

Original Post

★ Novice

I know this comment is old BUT LORD JESUS THANK YOU I WAS SECONDS AWAY FROM BREAKING MY COMPUTER AND CRYING IN A CORNER EMOTIONALLY EATING MYSELF TO DEATH.... Thanks :D

Message 21 of 60 (4,248 Views)

★★★ Novice
No problem!!!
Message 22 of 60 (4,227 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey, how do I do this? 

Thanks in advance 

Message 23 of 60 (4,158 Views)

★★★ Novice
You go to Game Options then Click and put a Check on Vertical Sync and click Apply and the flickering is gone!!
Message 24 of 60 (4,150 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hi ive done everything suggested but the flickering still hasnt gone away Frown((( does anyone know any other way?? Ive deleted and reinstalled the game a few times already and nothing seems to be working 

Message 25 of 60 (4,062 Views)

Champion

@Yuna1508, do you use mods or CC? If so, they could be interfering with the game and causing the flickering. Please remember that with the 11/13/2018 patch, mods will not work with the new patch unless the creators have updated them to do so. I suggest moving your entire Sims 4 folder to your Desktop (Do Not Delete it!) and restarting the game. Please remember that none of your CC, Mods or saved games will be present. Allow the game to generate a new Sims 4 folder. Start it up and start a new game playing for about an hour to see if any additional problems occur. Once you test the game and all is working again, you can then move your saved games back into the new folder.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 26 of 60 (4,055 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i went to find the edge scrolling setting and i couldn't but there is edge smoothing but that does not do anything

Message 27 of 60 (3,917 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the exact same problem! Switched it high and it worked like a charm thank you everyone.

Message 28 of 60 (3,756 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie
Thank you so much xx
Message 29 of 60 (3,640 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much 

Message 30 of 60 (3,593 Views)