Re: Sims 4 Screen Flickering

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Accepted Solution

❗️Sims 4 Screen Flickering

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi!

I just downloaded Sims 4 and ever since I first opened it the screen started flinching from the top. I'm not too good with technical stuff so I would need some help with this. I tried to fix the problem with Origin, but it couldn't find the issue. I read somewhere that the problem could be about too high graphics? How do I get them lower on the game then? 

I didn't do anything to cause the clitch, it came on it's own when I tried to run the game. I also tried closing it and opening again, and I feel like the flinching gets worse and worse when continuing playing the game. 

Edit - added compiled list tag to title (Bluebellflora)

Message 1 of 60 (144,603 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Novice

I went to fix the graphic settings and found the problem. The edge scrolling is either too high or too low. For me I put it on medium and the flickering went away, though it could be a different setting for you.

View in thread

Message 3 of 60 (156,914 Views)

All Replies

@pihlavanonen

That doesn't sound too good. Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

To lower you graphics settings in game Go to Game Options > Graphics and lower the settings, then restart your game.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 60 (144,355 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I went to fix the graphic settings and found the problem. The edge scrolling is either too high or too low. For me I put it on medium and the flickering went away, though it could be a different setting for you.

Message 3 of 60 (156,915 Views)

★★★ Newbie

For me my Edge Smoothing was off and I thought "Hey, lets put it on high". So I did and it fixed it! 

Message 4 of 60 (143,000 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thanks so much for this, helped my game and completely fixed it! Xoxo
Message 5 of 60 (142,950 Views)

★★★ Newbie
thank you !!!
Message 6 of 60 (138,986 Views)

★ Novice
thank you soooo much your a life saver
Message 7 of 60 (138,717 Views)

★★ Novice
My screen has been flickering for MONTHS, it's been driving me crazy cause I tried changing everything in the settings, removed all my CC, repaired my game. Nothing worked. I've had trouble finding anyone else who seemed to have the same problem. Now I tried this and everything is wonderful! Thank You!
Message 8 of 60 (136,234 Views)
Highlighted

Just added this fix to the Sims 4 Mac help thread - thanks for the feedback everyone, very much appreciated!

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 9 of 60 (136,186 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This isn’t helping my game it’s just making it worse. Please could you get back to me on how to get rid of it. If I put the edge smoothing on high it gets worse.
Message 10 of 60 (134,908 Views)