Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Sims 4 Screen Flickering

by Ettani95

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Screen Flickering

★★★ Newbie

Hi!

I just downloaded Sims 4 and ever since I first opened it the screen started flinching from the top. I'm not too good with technical stuff so I would need some help with this. I tried to fix the problem with Origin, but it couldn't find the issue. I read somewhere that the problem could be about too high graphics? How do I get them lower on the game then? 

I didn't do anything to cause the clitch, it came on it's own when I tried to run the game. I also tried closing it and opening again, and I feel like the flinching gets worse and worse when continuing playing the game. 

Message 1 of 17 (21,058 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

I went to fix the graphic settings and found the problem. The edge scrolling is either too high or too low. For me I put it on medium and the flickering went away, though it could be a different setting for you.

View in thread

Message 3 of 17 (33,543 Views)

All Replies

@pihlavanonen

That doesn't sound too good. Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

To lower you graphics settings in game Go to Game Options > Graphics and lower the settings, then restart your game.

Using CC/Mods is at your own risk, EA are not responsible for making the game compatible with 3rd party content, the creator is. 

The Sims 3 Mac Help Thread - | - The Sims 4 Mac Help Thread -
- The Sims 3 Mac super patch 1.67 - | - Origin Reset Tool for Mac -
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Apple Signature.png
Message 2 of 17 (21,020 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I went to fix the graphic settings and found the problem. The edge scrolling is either too high or too low. For me I put it on medium and the flickering went away, though it could be a different setting for you.

Message 3 of 17 (33,544 Views)

★★ Novice

For me my Edge Smoothing was off and I thought "Hey, lets put it on high". So I did and it fixed it! 

Message 4 of 17 (19,665 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thanks so much for this, helped my game and completely fixed it! Xoxo
Message 5 of 17 (19,614 Views)

★★★★ Newbie
thank you !!!
Message 6 of 17 (15,651 Views)

★★★★ Novice
thank you soooo much your a life saver
Message 7 of 17 (15,385 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Newbie
My screen has been flickering for MONTHS, it's been driving me crazy cause I tried changing everything in the settings, removed all my CC, repaired my game. Nothing worked. I've had trouble finding anyone else who seemed to have the same problem. Now I tried this and everything is wonderful! Thank You!
Message 8 of 17 (12,900 Views)

Just added this fix to the Sims 4 Mac help thread - thanks for the feedback everyone, very much appreciated!

Using CC/Mods is at your own risk, EA are not responsible for making the game compatible with 3rd party content, the creator is. 

The Sims 3 Mac Help Thread - | - The Sims 4 Mac Help Thread -
- The Sims 3 Mac super patch 1.67 - | - Origin Reset Tool for Mac -
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Apple Signature.png
Message 9 of 17 (12,854 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This isn’t helping my game it’s just making it worse. Please could you get back to me on how to get rid of it. If I put the edge smoothing on high it gets worse.
Message 10 of 17 (11,575 Views)
sims-four-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

fifa-19-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help