Sims 4 November patch - What you need to know

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Sims 4 November patch - What you need to know

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone,

The November patch is released today, Tuesday 13th, and is going to be BIG. We haven’t had a patch since August so this one is long overdue. This is a lot of stuff we’re getting. As always, remember to move out your Mods folder before updating. You can read more about this patch in EA's blog article here. It's really informative and helpful so definitely worth a read. 

The full patch notes are here.

In the patch:

Get Famous update
The pre-release update to ready our base game. This is nothing new and has happened before the release of all previous packs.

Bug fixes
Read the patch notes for the full list of bug fixes Upside down screenshots are fixed - YAY!!

Terrain Tools
We finally get to alter the terrain in Lots. This was shown in a recent stream and it looks very, very cool.

Python update
EA/Maxis are updating the version of Python used by the game from 3.3.5 to 3.70. This is a really big deal for script mod creators as all current versions of script mods will no longer work. Thankfully SimGuruModSquad has given plenty of notice so most creators are busy updating their mods so they will carry on working. You can read more about it here.

What does this mean for those using script mods? You must move out all mods with the .ts4script extension from your Mods folder before patching your game. After updating check the creator’s page for an updated version of the file to add back into your Mods folder. If the creator has not updated it then do not add back the old version – it will not work.

First Person Camera
You will be able switch to first person camera view in live mode. Caveat - If you get motion sickness this definitely isn’t for you!

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 1 of 1 (584 Views)