Re: Sims 4 Not Working-Please Help!

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Sims 4 Not Working-Please Help!

★★ Newbie

So I went on my account to play the Sims 4 and its not working.  I look at it in my games and its there but its like cloudy you know like when you cant click on something so the picture or button is like less colorful then it should be.  I restarted Origin and that didn't work, then I even restarted my Mac and that didn't work so I don't know what to do!!

Message 1 of 3 (345 Views)

Champion

Do you have any Mods or CC installed? If you do, something may be interfering. So, first of all try this. Move your entire Sims 4 to your Desktop, but Do NOT Delete it! This is where your saved games are stored. Next try to start up your game and see if the problem still persists. 

Another thing to consider is what version of the Mac OS are you running? Recently there were problems with people who were using Yosimite and they had to upgrade to El Capitan or higher. If you do need to upgrade, save your Sims 4 folder first to an external Hard Drive or USB thumb drive. 

Just trying to cover all bases for recent troubles.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 3 (324 Views)

@SizzlyCake

A greyed out play button is covered in the Sims 4 Mac help thread here - https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/508...

1. In your Applications folder right click on the Sims 4 app and select Show Package Contents.
  2. Navigate to Contents > Mac OS.
  3. Right click on The Sims 4 and select Move to Trash. Don't drag the file as it will only move an alias and leave the original in place. If there is another file in the folder, The Sims 4.par, leave it alone.
  4. Now open Origin, click on The Sims 4 in your Games Library and click on Download.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 3 (312 Views)