Sims 4 Mods NOT working despite many attempts...

by francescablackk

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

So, after many attempts of trying to get ANY mods work, I am about to give up. I have tried EVERYTHING, without making stupid mistakes. I gave up on outdated mods and only downloaded RELIABLE, NEW mods fit for the current patch. The game recognizes these mods saying that they are in my custom content/mod scripts. Scripts/mods are enabled. They are not in the incorrect folder, nor are they in more than one place. My game has been repaired, updated. You name it; I have done it.

SO, here I am giving this one last try. Does anyone know what I can/should do? The Sims doesn't support custom content so I don't know if I would be able to contact them. I want to use these mods desperately as they would enhance my game experience by 300%. The mods I want to use would make each sim's story so much more interesting and overall improved. I've already gotten helpful and smart replies from other users on here and different websites, and I still can't get a fix on this. 

If anybody has any idea as to what I might be doing wrong/what the issue might be, PLEASE reply. I would greatly appreciate it Standard smile 

Message 10 of 12 (3,602 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi everyone!

So I started playing the Sims in January, and I know a lot about the game; BUT I have a big issue. I downloaded a few mods to use, BUT NONE OF THEM WORK! I play on Mac, but they are pasted into the Electronic Arts>Sims 4>Mods folder and they are showing up in the settings of Sims 4 itself (under VIEW CUSTOM CONTENT.) I got the Sorcery mod, the extreme violence mod, and the torture/chaos mod. I really want these to work but I don't know what else to do. I tried to relaunch the game from Origin and repair Sims 4 from Origin and they still don't work. If you know a way to help me, please just shoot a response. Thanks so much Large smile

Message 1 of 12 (3,715 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Mods NOT working despite many attempts...

Champion (Retired)

They are recognized by the game so you just need to figure out how to use them. I suggest you go to where you got them and read the instructions there on how to use them. There may even be a forum where you can ask for assistance with a particular Mod.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 12 (3,699 Views)

★★ Novice

I just tried that. I know that you can use the Extreme Violence mod by clicking on yourself, and I already tried that. It's still not working Frown

Message 3 of 12 (3,665 Views)

★★ Novice

Also, the sorcery trait isn't appearing in CAS like it should when you install the mod.

Message 4 of 12 (3,656 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

We can not help with individual Mods here. You need to ask the creator or other users of the Mod how it works. Also make sure you have latest version of the Mods.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 12 (3,654 Views)

★★ Novice

Ok, thanks for trying to help anyways Standard smile

Message 6 of 12 (3,651 Views)

★★ Novice

What should I do if some of the mod creators have been inactive since late 2017?

Message 7 of 12 (3,642 Views)

★★ Novice
I also checked to see if I have the latest version of the mods.
Never before have I wanted to be making a dumb mistake (until now!!)
Message 8 of 12 (3,639 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@francescablackk wrote:

What should I do if some of the mod creators have been inactive since late 2017?

Then you should assume that the Mods probably stopped working. Mods need constant updates as the game itself receives updates.

Message 9 of 12 (3,625 Views)