Re: Please help

by Tremayne4260

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Champion

@francescablackk , You should never use outdated mods as they can cause your game to not work properly. With every patch, you need to check with the Mod Creators to insure that their mod will either work with the current patch (without being updated) or needs to be updated/has been updated. Disable Automatic Updates so that will give you time to check each Mod and allow you to update your game once your Mods are current again.

You are correct in that EA/Maxis does not support third party content which can be either Mods or Custom Content. If you need to contact anyone, it would be the creator of the Mod/CC, not EA/Maxis. 

Are you sure you have done everything? Did you repair your game? If on a Mac, did you reset Origin? Did you place the Mods/CC in the correct folder? Did you check the box to "Enable CC/Mods" in the game options of Sims 4? Did you make sure that the Mods end in the ".package" extension and were properly uncompressed or "unzipped"? If you have, then you have done everything to get the game to recognize the Mods. 

At this point, it sounds like you will need to communicate directly with the Mods creators to see if they can offer guidance. 

Please keep us updated.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 11 of 12 (428 Views)

@francescablackk 

Your threads have been merged, no need for multiple threads on the same issue Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 12 of 12 (415 Views)