Re: Sims 4 Mac

by Carlottam1997

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Mac

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Why is it that EA does not like the Macintosh computers so much ? I know that everyone has PCs and the gaming world is on Windows but how hard is it to make a version for the mac  the same time as the windows version ? When EA was making the sims 3 they did not listen to the forums on the sims 3 official website like making Create A World for the mac I dont think it would be that hard, Although I am not a dev. While everyone is enjoying The sims 4 on a pc I wil have to watch youtubers do Lets Plays or reviews on Sims 4. Im thinking EA makes Sims games on Apple products I dunno,  very disappointed in EA I still want CAW for the mac because I will still be playing sims 3 until late 2014 

I hate that The Sims 4 is taking acouple of steps back to sims 2, or Sim 1 for that matter  ok so the graphics are way better  (little cartoony but thats cool sims isnt trying to be that realistic  anyway) but  I hate that there will be no Create a Style , no Swimming Pools, Some of the Objects that we get in sims 1 to 3 in the base game are missing from 4 and I liked the open world in sims 3 less loading screens so why not sims 4 oh yes because EA would rather work on stupid animations for the sims walking that will be cute at the beginning then boring when every one as played the game  in a year.  The only thing that is good about it is that multitasking was added, Swimming Pools better be in an update for the sims 4 rather than an EP or Stuff pack  same goes for create your own style, Im not to bothered about them not putting in Toddlers or Babies in Cas mode because Babies and Toddlers dont really do that much yes learning how to walk and talk was cute but it did not really matter if you did the interaction with them or not they still walked and talked by the time they get to childern other than that they did not have any other actions.  You can make them with woohoo so they are hardly wiped out from the game.  I know that EA hasnt had enough time with this game because sims fans where probably demanding them to make it as fast as possible but jesus EA knows how to milk it and like the stupid Sims fan I am im going to buy every stuff pack and EP and every  stupid thing that is way over priced in the online store for fricken pixels So please EA think about Mac users it sucks that you leve us in the dark...

Oh yeah do not mention BootCamp lol sorry but not every one wants windows on there mac taking up space 4 one game only 

Message 1 of 14 (1,178 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

There's ofc. also this thread for more information if you would like that Standard smile

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/INFO-Sims-4-Currently-NOT-for-Mac-Ask-questions-here/m-p/2957168...

I'll mark this thread solved for now, hope everything works out!

carbonic signature

View in thread

Message 4 of 14 (1,163 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Answer HQ is a community based help site, we sadly don't make business decisions or design games so we can't help you with "fixing" any of that.

Anyways, my guess would be that it's because there's not enough money in creating a Mac edition (at least until the pc version is finished) and The Sims 4 is the way it is because it's not any of the previous game with better graphics, it's a new experience, they have included some new things and didn't have time to include all the old, that's how sequels normally work.

Now, if you want to discuss it further The Sims 4 has an excellent forum for just that here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/ - there the developers might even actually read it.

Oh, and just get a bigger harddrive for your Mac and there is plenty of space for Bootcamp Wink

carbonic signature

Message 2 of 14 (1,128 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sorry I did not mean to be a **bleep** I like the sims games and EA  in general I just wanted to play the sims 4 asap but ill just have to wait.  I will galdly move to the sims site . Sorry again Confusedmileytongue: 

Message 3 of 14 (1,123 Views)

Hero

There's ofc. also this thread for more information if you would like that Standard smile

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/INFO-Sims-4-Currently-NOT-for-Mac-Ask-questions-here/m-p/2957168...

I'll mark this thread solved for now, hope everything works out!

carbonic signature

Message 4 of 14 (1,164 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I toltally agree with you.  Its very disppointing to buy the game only to find out it won"t run on your mac pc!!!!!  I have been playing the sims games for long time and I think it bad business to exclude loyal fans and customers.  I will move onto a different game.

Message 5 of 14 (1,042 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's so unfair to all the people that have mac's that love the sims but they cant play it at least tell us how long till you will make it for mac

Message 6 of 14 (964 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Hi,

I'm sure they are working to develop it for MAC but they are not disclosing date because if it got cancel in midway due to any reason so it will be like no promise made. Don't worry, I'm sure if enough players will ask for it they will certainly see it is efficient to launch game on Mac too. 

Regards,
Dew

Message 7 of 14 (958 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

How hard can it be to do it on mac come on EA you can do it you have alredy a sims 3 mac so why no sims 4

Message 8 of 14 (941 Views)

Hero

Sims 3 was not native to mac but worked on both platforms using certain technologies. Because of this, Sims 3 caused many many many issues for many many many users on Macs.

This time they are making a native mac version like they did with SimCity so it takes a bit longer. 

Just be patient.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 14 (938 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Excuse me, so there isn't The Sims 4 for Mac? I want to buy it, but I haven't got a Windows Pc Frown

Message 10 of 14 (921 Views)