Re: Sims 4 Mac tried to open and it says 'application not responding'

by strahberrie

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Mac tried to open and it says 'application not responding'

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi there. I got the game Sims 4 for Mac a couple weeks ago and just last week the game started but then said "application not responding". It had gotten stuck on the loading screen and I've tried a bunch of different things like repairing, reinstalling the game and removing files people had told me to remove as well. If I could please get some help with this problem I would deeply appreciate it Standard smile

Message 1 of 6 (5,449 Views)

Accepted Solution

@strahberrie

Moving out that Sims 4 folder means you play a completely clean, vanilla game with no previous saves or CC/Mods and default graphics settings as the folder is recreated. That your game loads without your previous data indicates that the problem is most probably CC/Mod or Save related.

Please do it again, load the game and then close it but do not save. Next, replace the Saves folder that has been created in the new Sims 4 folder with your old saves. Now try and load your game again. If it loads ok then quit the game but DO NOT SAVE. If it loads then the problem is with your CC/Mods.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (6,572 Views)

All Replies

@strahberrie

Go into Documents > Electronic Arts and drag the Sims 4 folder to your desktop. Now try and launch the game again, does it work?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 2 of 6 (5,367 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, it did work but all my saves and custom content were gone. I enabled my CC and later went into my mods folder and my custom content was still there but not in my game.

Message 3 of 6 (5,355 Views)

@strahberrie

Moving out that Sims 4 folder means you play a completely clean, vanilla game with no previous saves or CC/Mods and default graphics settings as the folder is recreated. That your game loads without your previous data indicates that the problem is most probably CC/Mod or Save related.

Please do it again, load the game and then close it but do not save. Next, replace the Saves folder that has been created in the new Sims 4 folder with your old saves. Now try and load your game again. If it loads ok then quit the game but DO NOT SAVE. If it loads then the problem is with your CC/Mods.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 6 (6,573 Views)

★★ Novice

Ahh it was the CC! Thank you for the help and explaining what I misunderstood, I appreciate it a lot Standard smile

Message 5 of 6 (5,344 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean, I'm too confused and I might need help. Do in case have a video to demonstrate me how to fix my CC not working when I move out the Sims 4 folder into my desktop? Thx Standard smile

Message 6 of 6 (5,195 Views)