Sims 4 Mac download issues

by leilafluzzy

Original Post

Sims 4 Mac download issues

★ Novice

I’m trying to download Sims 4 onto my Mac via Origin. I’ve pressed download and the game is stuck on “preparing” and the progress doesn’t move past 0%. There’s enough space on my computer, my computer is up to date, I’ve closed and restarted the application multiple times, and even turned my computer on and off again multiple times. I used to have Sims 4 on my computer but uninstalled it hoping it would help (as I was dealing with this same issue about a year ago, I never resolved it; I had even uninstalled and reinstalled Origin hoping it would help). I can’t possibly think of what could be causing the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 6 (736 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Mac download issues

@leilafluzzy  Please try running the Origin reset tool for macOS:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

After the reset, you'll be asked whether to allow Origin to keep itself and your games up to date.  You can try both saying yes and no (another reset will bring up the option again).  The setting is also reachable by hovering over your username and clicking Application Settings.

If that doesn't help, please list your computer's specs, as described in this post:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/461...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (727 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict Thank you so much for helping! I tried running the Origin reset tool but now it’s stuck on “verifying game files” at 0%.
My computer’s specs:
• macOS Mojave, version 10.14.5
• MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015)
• Processor: 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5
• Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
• Startup Disk: Macintosh HD
• Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB
I run CleanMyMac X to keep my Mac clean of viruses and clutter.
Thanks again for offering help!

Message 3 of 6 (711 Views)

@leilafluzzy  Please disable (or even better, uninstall) CleanMyMac.  Most of these cleaner apps are useless at best, and at worst, they can delete essential system files and even do enough damage to force a reinstall of your OS.

Once you've CleanMyMac is out of the picture, run the Origin reset tool again, then right-click on the Origin icon in Applications and select Move to Trash.  Then download a new copy and install it.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 6 (699 Views)

★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict CleanMyMac shouldn’t be obstructing anything as it doesn’t run unless manually selected to do so. 

Message 5 of 6 (624 Views)

[ Edited ]

@leilafluzzy

Puzzlez isn't saying that CleanMyMac is obstructing anything, it may be removing stuff it shouldn't. Any app that purports to clean up your Mac of clutter and unwanted files is bad news. They really do often remove files they shouldn't which can destabilise the operating system resulting in the user having to reinstall the OS to reinstate core system files. If you need any further clarification a quick google of these apps will confirm it.

You can safely reinstall Mojave over the top of your existing installation, just make sure to do a backup first.

Please manually uninstall Origin and see if that helps - http://bluebellflora.com/how-to-uninstall-origin-on-a-mac/

After properly uninstalling, download and install a new Origin installer and see if that helps. You could also try doing this in a new user account on your Mac as this will create a new Library folder which the cleaner app you used may have corrupted in your user account.

Moving your thread to the Mac forum Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 6 of 6 (608 Views)