Sims 4 Mac Won't Start

by emsiey

Original Post

Sims 4 Mac Won't Start

★★★ Novice

I downloaded the Sims 4 from Origin, have it installed, but every time I try to launch the game it crashes. I've restarted Origin, my computer, etc etc and nothing works. Does anyone know how to fix the issue?

Message 1 of 56 (55,287 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Mac Won't Start

Community Manager

Please make sure all available OS updates are installed and retry.

barry.png
Message 2 of 56 (55,019 Views)

★★★ Novice

its 100% up to date, and i've used disk utilities to clear up my computer, reinstalled origin/sims 4 multiple times.

Message 3 of 56 (55,005 Views)

Champion

What version of the Mac OS are you running? Please note that you need at least Lion (10.7) at minimum to run the game. It is best to run the game on Maverick (10.9) or Yosemite (10.10).

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 56 (55,003 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have 10.9.5 and am having the same issue. It cashes every single time! I have played once for 4 hours. After trying to play again it keeps crashing. It's getting really annoying. And I am disappointed as I've been looking forward to this for a long time. Please help us.
Message 5 of 56 (54,954 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Here is another link with someone who has the same problem as us. I tried it and it really worked I can finaly play ^_^

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Sims-4-Mac-keeps-crashing-on-initial-loading-screen-with-update/...
Message 6 of 56 (54,945 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I tried this, and I am still having the same issues, everything is entirely up-to-date AND I repaired the game.

Message 7 of 56 (52,165 Views)

Hi @pipipipi900,

Have you played the game before with no issues?

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 8 of 56 (52,158 Views)

★★★ Newbie

OMG I have also played for exactly 4 hours and I'm having the same exact problem!

I REALLY HOPE I CAN FIX IT CONSIDERING I DOWNLOADED IT YESTERDAY!!!! Frown

@mszooloo149er wrote:
I have 10.9.5 and am having the same issue. It cashes every single time! I have played once for 4 hours. After trying to play again it keeps crashing. It's getting really annoying. And I am disappointed as I've been looking forward to this for a long time. Please help us.

Message 9 of 56 (50,717 Views)

@j0rjor

Please can you provide more information about your Mac and game. Instructions on how to do so here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 10 of 56 (50,714 Views)