Sims 4 Mac Color Problem - White looks tan, Gray looks brown

by sarahfelldown

Original Post

Sims 4 Mac Color Problem - White looks tan, Gray looks brown

★ Apprentice

Everything in my game seems to have a yellow/tan cast to it. This happens only in the game world. CAS, items in the build mode and buy mode menus, and of course, other programs on my computer display whites as white, without the yellow tint.

I noticed the daylight setting in build mode and I tried playing with that, but it doesn't help.

Here is a link to a screenshot in my Dropbox that shows a red door with white trim on the menu and what that door actually looks like when I put it on the house. https://www.dropbox.com/s/anlmrxcn0d4mac1/IMG_1212.JPG?dl=0

I did get a warning when I first ran the game that my graphics card was not up to snuff, so if that's the cause, so be it. But I don't know how the card can display the colors correctly on the loading screens and CAS but then not display them correctly in the game world. If there's any other solution please let me know. I'm willing to help troubleshoot with you, EA.

Thanks!

Specs:

iMac 20-inch Early 2009 (i know, ugh!)

2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 DUo

8GB 1067 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce 9400 256 MB

OS X Yosemite 10.10.2

Message 1 of 4 (2,210 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Mac Color Problem - White looks tan, Gray looks brown

Champion

Is this only on the build/buy objects or on your Sims clothing as well? I believe in the game, everything sort of has a "yellowish" tint to it to simulate sunlight. 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 4 (2,192 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have the same problem.

Message 3 of 4 (1,923 Views)

Champion

What kind of Mac do you have? And what version of the OS are you running?

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 4 (1,915 Views)