Sims 4 CC not showing up

by gaskarth8787

Original Post

Sims 4 CC not showing up

★★★ Newbie

My sims 4 game save recently deleted somehow and I've had to start over but when this happened all my custom content disappeared. It's in my mods folder but isn't showing up in game and my mods are enabled. The game doesn't seem to be registering its existence at all, any suggestions on how to fix this? (Also I'm on a mac if that's relevant).

Message 1 of 5 (804 Views)

CC not working

★★★ Newbie

Hey, 

CC doesn't work in my game! I have done everything as explained by various websites (made sure cc was package file/ put it in the mods folder/ activated custom content in the game settings), and it still doesn't show up in the game. My resource.cfg file is in the mods folder, so I'm confused, as everything seems to be normal...I am playing on a Mac, but I don't know if that has anything to do with it...

If you have any idea why its not working, please help! I have been searching high and low for an answer, but nothing seems to work Frown

Message 2 of 5 (767 Views)

Re: Sims 4 CC not showing up

Champion (Retired)

It seems the game decided to use another folder usually on Onedrive or iCloud(Mac). Here is an easy way to find out which folder your game is using: https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2018/07/how-to-find-your-user-folder

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 5 (749 Views)

Re: CC not working

@812eva @gaskarth8787 

Merged your posts into one here in the Mac forum Standard smile

Please could you click on your Mods folder once to select it then go to File > Get Info. Under the General > Where section near the top of the info window please copy and paste the location of your Mods folder here.

Your CC/Mods should also all be unzipped and end in the .package or .ts4script extension.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 5 (731 Views)

Re: CC not working

★★★ Newbie
@812eva the same thing has happened to me so if you have figured out how to fix it that would be very helpful
Message 5 of 5 (553 Views)