Sims 4 CC not showing up in CAS--I've tried all the usual problem-solving tactic

by ShannonGE

Original Post

Sims 4 CC not showing up in CAS--I've tried all the usual problem-solving tactic

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have my Sims 4 on an external hard drive because there isn't enough space on my computer for it.  Usually the game just runs out of the hard drive, and everything's fine.  The EA folder and Origin and everything is on the hard drive too.  

I tried adding some CCs a couple days ago and no matter what I try it won't show up in game.  Please help!

I have a macbook btw

Message 1 of 4 (680 Views)

Re: Sims 4 CC not showing up in CAS--I've tried all the usual problem-solving ta

@ShannonGE

Are your saves showing up? The game is fine installed on an external drive but your data should be in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 4 (662 Views)

Re: Sims 4 CC not showing up in CAS--I've tried all the usual problem-solving ta

★★★ Newbie

I've got the EA folder both on the hard drive and in my documents folder on my computer. My saves show up in the saves folder in both locations.

Message 3 of 4 (618 Views)

@ShannonGE

The game won't load any data from the Sims 4 folder on the external, only from the one on your internal storage. Is the CC enabled in game? Is it unzipped and in .package format? Is the resource.cfg file in the Mods folder? Can you link to a few items you're using? 

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 4 (609 Views)