by jjaiis_

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 CC Issues and Sims 4 Slow Download

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hello, 
Good day! 

I have a Macbook Pro 2012 Non Retina Display, though I upgraded my RAM to 16gb and my HDD to SSD. My Sims 4 ran very easily on my previous specs but it had some minor lagging issues because I had about 12gb of CC. I love CC, I have played with 12gb of CC perfectly on 4gb ram & a hdd. Although after upgrading  I am having issues on my origin to download Sims 4, it downloads in kb/sec instead of MB. My internet is not an issue its completely alright, I downloaded the game on my bootcamp by replacing EACore.ini and it worked as a charm, although on my mac side it takes me up to 2 days to download the game and all the packs.

One of the more weird things is I have ran my game with high gigs of CC perfectly but now on my previous specs, but now it'll go on "Not Responding" if its over 2gb of CC, the issue is the same on both my mac and bootcamp side. 
Note: I don't have 2 versions of the game, if I currently have downloaded it on bootcamp and its not on Mac and vice versa.

I'd really appreciate if anyone can help me resolve my issue with slow download on Mac as well as loading 13gb of CC. 
Thank you, hope you have  a good day/evening... 

Regards, 
Jaiis.

Message 1 of 34 (2,203 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 CC Issues and Sims 4 Slow Download

★★★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora

I merged my cc altogether again and checked everything one by one, followed by in pairs and so on and I removed things that took a while to load and I finally could access everything, so far as slow downloads go its still an issue, but I have tried everything for it, guess can't have everything Embarrassed

View in thread

Message 34 of 34 (2,349 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@jjaiis_

You may have corrupted or incompatible CC which has not been updated to the current patch level.

Move out all your CC then add it back into the Mods folder in small batches, loading the game after adding each batch to see if it runs. When it stops responding move out the batch you just added and add the CC back in one piece at a time, again loading the game to see if it it runs. When it stops you have found a piece of CC that is either corrupted, not compatible with the current patch level, or conflicting with other CC.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 34 (2,189 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora

I have tried everything, moving it in batches, everything loads if its under 2gb, and 2gb only is a nightmare for me. Although I have not ran a batch fix via S4S, I am thinking to consider but since its updated like a week ago, I doubt it'd be the problem. I need just the game to take 13gb of cc as it could and also Sims 4 origin downloading back to normal! Frown

Message 3 of 34 (2,184 Views)

@jjaiis_

Hmmm, we used to have an issue with large amounts of CC but not for ages. And it's interesting that it's happening in both operating systems. How much storage space do you have left on both partitions? What are the partition sizes?

Could you also provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 34 (2,173 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora

On my Mac side I have 420gb of free space if installed with cc, where as on my bootcamp I'd have 50-55gb of free space. I have never had an issue with my previous specs, 13gb of cc in game.. Is it because of no recent updates?

Message 5 of 34 (2,171 Views)

@jjaiis_

Plenty then Standard smile

When you upgraded the drive, did you clone your old HDD onto the SSD? Use Time Machine for the Mac partition? Or set up clean user accounts?

Could you provide the full spec of your Mac, posting all the info I requested in my previous link?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 34 (2,159 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora

Nope, I didn't clone anything or use time machine, I started afresh like install everything from the top! 

also here are my current specs

specs.png

if you need any more info, please please let me know!! Standard smile also thanks for the help so far

Message 7 of 34 (2,152 Views)

@jjaiis_

Strange... Are you using the same Sims 4 folder in both partitions? How about if you create a brand new game and add the CC into that new folder?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 8 of 34 (2,122 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora

Like I mentioned in the first message, if I have Sims 4 on Mac side, I don't have it on my bootcamp and vice versa. I tried downloading Sims 4 on my mac again, but the download speed is a bummer there, I have not had these issues with origin before my upgrade whatsoever. 
I'd honestly like to take back playing with all of my custom content lol

Message 9 of 34 (2,114 Views)

[ Edited ]

@jjaiis_

Ok.

Let's split this into two (I like compartmentalising things Standard smile ):

1. Horribly slow download speeds in macOS - we have a Mac Origin help thread on this forum - https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Origin-Troubleshooting-and-Information/m-p/5371659... work your way through the download and connection suggestions and see if any help. I would suggest running the Origin reset tool first - https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/ and enabling safe mode downloading in Origin > Diagnostics > Troubleshooting.
  2. Large amounts of CC > 2 Gb causing the game to not load - Were you running the same version of macOS on the previous drive? Could you set up a new user account on your Mac and load the game in that account to see if it makes a difference? Could you try and play the same game with the CC issue on the Windows partition?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 10 of 34 (2,101 Views)