Sims 3 - "There is a problem connecting to the server..." installation error

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 - "There is a problem connecting to the server..." installa

★★★★★ Newbie

Same happening to me, both by launching through the Origin or the Launcher. Was able to play at least until a few months ago. I tried again yesterday, after uninstalling it (only base game) and reinstalling it because I wanted it to be in another language, but it didn't work. I thought it was the language's fault (you never know), but it wasn't. I erased the whole disk because I had to do it anyway, installed Origin, installed TS3 and got the same message. At least, it's not my computer

Message 31 of 388 (3,431 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have newly installed the game from Origin and the problem appears after using the play-button in the Origin-app

Oh, I've tried it both ways, with the origin app and also with the normal starter-app.

Message 32 of 388 (3,429 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello,

done as requested

PS: nice to know... :-)

Message 33 of 388 (3,425 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Well, everything done as asked, but now the game is totally not starting...unkown error, well so detailed I do not know where I should put all the information in... aaaahhhhhh
Message 34 of 388 (3,411 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im having the same issue with my macbook! Please fix this I was so excited to play Frown

Message 35 of 388 (3,396 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Mai I scrubbed everything from the disk (uninstaller wasn't working either... ) downloaded everything from origin, same unknown error...

Any ideas are welcome.
Message 36 of 388 (3,354 Views)

★ Novice

I just installed this fresh tonight and I'm getting the same error.  Did they take down the Sims 3 servers or something?

Message 37 of 388 (3,325 Views)

@vjuris22  @mmlad605  @lidiaCirrone @Ekiredeirf  @DianaMeaningful  @BPHusker  (wow, that's a lot)

EA is aware of and is actively working on this issue.  The problem is that the way it looks now, a solution has to be offered by the company itself; there really isn't a workaround that fellow players can offer.  @EA_Mai is all over this topic and will update everyone when there's something we can do.  I'm sorry that there isn't currently a better answer, but for now, there's really not much we can do besides wait.

And, of course, when there is a potential fix, please post in this thread letting everyone know whether it worked for you.

(@BPHusker  No, EA didn't take down the TS3 servers—as far as I know, people with existing functional installs can login and use online features without issue.)

@FcoPazos  Are you trying to play in mac OS or Windows?  As @Tremayne4260 mentioned, Origin Access doesn't work on macs.  If you're having trouble in Windows, you're welcome to post in the TS3 section, and someone (probably me) will try to help you.  Specifics, both about your computer and what you've tried so far, are always appreciated.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 38 of 388 (3,307 Views)

EA app Team

Hi all,

I see a mix of different situations here Wondering, let's try to keep things organized so it's easier for everyone to know what we are talking about - one issue per thread Wink

• If you are getting 'There is a problem connecting to the server' error message when opening the game after installing it, you are in the right thread Standard smile

• If your error message reads 'Unknown error', please, take a look to this thread.

• I'm splitting the messages regarding Origin Access into a new thread in the Technical Issues for PC forum, as Origin Access is not available for Mac so I assume you are playing on a PC. Thinking

Thanks again!

-Mai

Message 39 of 388 (3,278 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Mai  There is now someone with the first Mirror's Edge getting the same message. Mirror's Edge is another game that uses this authorization method. I'm occasionally searching the forums to see if any other games are getting this specific 'problem connecting to server' message, and so far it's just games that're on that list: Sims 3, Mass Effect, Spore, Mirror's Edge.

Thought I'd update here since it seems to be the most active thread on the subject. It's kinda backing up my guess that these problems are linked.

Message 40 of 388 (3,239 Views)