Re: Sims 3 problem Ambitons and Supernatural won't install on mac

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: How to Switch from playing The Sims 3 on Mac, to playing it through Origin

@Ashgerva123

Is the game showing up under your My Games tab in Origin?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 10 of 23 (614 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah all of my games are except for island paradise. When i click play it just comes up with the "your game will now play in an external application" and it shows my game code and says you will need this code when prompted, however I am never 'prompted' 

Message 11 of 23 (608 Views)

@Ashgerva123

With the Copy to Clipboard option? It wants to install Island Paradise so the installer should be opening. If it isn't try downloading IP again, you must get rid of the current installer first though - In Origin click on Origin in the menu bar then Preferences. Click on the Advanced tab then under the Game Installers header click on Browse Game Installers. A finder window will open. Delete the installer from there and try downloading and installing again.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 12 of 23 (603 Views)
Highlighted

@XxTheHolyBiblexX

In Origin click on Origin in the menu bar then Preferences. Click on the Advanced tab then click on Delete all Game Installers. After they have been deleted click on Browse Game Installers to make sure they have all gone. Now make sure that all traces of Ambitions and Supernatural have been deleted by reading and following the relevant instructions in this guide.

After you have done all that try downloading and reinstalling again. For refunds you need to contact EA customer support - http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/

AHQSigImage.png
Message 14 of 23 (2,538 Views)

★ Apprentice

Oh wow, thank you your a lie saver. Standard smile

Message 15 of 23 (696 Views)

Wont install sims 3[Mac]

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

i have a new macbook, iv used my sims games on my old mac before but now when i try to download it on my new mac it will install more than half of the game then stop and won't download the rest? how can i download the rest without it doing this

@Bluebellflora  please and thank you in advance

Message 16 of 23 (635 Views)

Re: [MAC] Expansion pack says it's installed but hasn't?

★ Novice

By completely uninstall do you mean all sims expansions and the base game and origin? Frown

Message 17 of 23 (2,048 Views)

Re: Wont install sims 3[Mac]

@gypsie1234

Please go to Origin > Preferences > Advanced and click on Browse Game Installers. Delete any game installers that are in the Finder window that pops up and then try downloading them again. If that doesn't work you can try the Reset Origin tool.

Bear in mind though that Sims 3 is not compatible on newer Macs due to unsupported graphics cards. For a list of affected Macs and a workaround please read this stickied thread - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Mac-Issues-playing-on-newer-post-2013-Macs/m-p/4935394#U4935394

AHQSigImage.png
Message 18 of 23 (622 Views)

mac install

[ Edited ]
★★ Newbie

Been trying to install The Sims 3 multiple times on my new Macbook.   It was a new purchase and install.   It always gets to the same point on the install and freezes (usually with 43 seconds remaining).   Have tried to download and install many times.   Any ideas on why this is happening or how to fix it?

@Bluebellflora   please and thank you in advance

Message 19 of 23 (615 Views)

Re: mac install

[ Edited ]

@boxwood625

In Origin go to Origin > Preferences > Advanced and click on Browse game installers. Delete any installers there then manually check for any installed files. Once you've done that try downloading again

Please bear in mind that Sims 3 is not compatible on newer Macs due to the graphics cards not being supported. See this stickied thread on post-2013 Macs - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Mac-Issues-playing-on-newer-post-2013-Macs/td-p/4935394

AHQSigImage.png
Message 20 of 23 (601 Views)