Re: Sims 3 packs not downloading through Origin: mac OS

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Re: sims 3 pets

EA SPORTS FC Team

I think that we have enough logs right now, but feel free to send them to me anyway. 

Jason.png
Message 21 of 40 (2,910 Views)

Re: Origin Sims 3 EP download button not working

★ Novice
I have the same issue with seasons, supernatural and showtime.. I successfully downloaded pets, but for the rest I click on download and nothing happens
Message 22 of 40 (2,869 Views)

Re: Origin Sims 3 EP download button not working

@Fwtaki  Thanks for sharing this information.  I've moved your post to the thread dedicated specifically to this ongoing problem; the original poster on the other thread had a couple of issues to sort through at the same time.

Hopefully there will be a solution or workaround soon, and I'll update this thread when I have any news.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 23 of 40 (2,862 Views)

Download button not working..?

★ Novice

I am trying to download Sims 3 University for mac through origin, but every time I click the download button nothing happens. When I press download on other packs it gives the message "preparing" and then brings up a screen to select where the download will go. How can I fix this? 

Message 24 of 40 (2,851 Views)

Re: Download button not working..?

@smilerayy  I've merged your post into the thread about this issue, which has been present for several weeks now.  Unfortunately, there's currently no solution or workaround, but I'll upadate this thread as soon as there's any news.

Right now, it looks like EA has enough information from players to go on, so don't worry about generating an error report or providing logs.

Message 25 of 40 (2,796 Views)

[ Edited ]

Edit:  I'm marking this as a solution because we have confirmation that it worked for someone besides me (thanks again, @hobbitt55).  Even though it's a workaround, not a proper fix, I want people having this issue to find this post more easily.  When EA has fixed the bug for good, I'll post back (again).

There may finally be a workaround for this issue.  Thanks to EA_Jason for staying on the case and offering this approach.

First, it's a good idea to run the Origin reset tool for macs.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

When you launch Origin again, you can decline its offer to collect your data and keep itself and your games updated.  After signing in, hover over your username at the bottom of the Origin window and select Application Settings.  Under Application (the first tab), scroll to Client Update, and enable Automatic Game Updates.

Screen Shot 2018-11-24 at 10.44.10 AM.png

Then quit Origin and relaunch; the app should offer to download any packs you don't currently have installed.  Once you've declined these offers, Origin won't show them again unless you reset it and reenable game updates.

Please post back letting us know whether this approach works for you.  More information is always appreciated.

Tagging @Morganighte @tanyab2003 @s0e0a @zoqswer @sammyb2298 @Fwtaki and @smilerayy for updates.

Message 26 of 40 (9,496 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you so much for your efforts and this update! I actually ended up returning the gift on steam and now bought it again in the autumn sale. This time around it managed to download, so I can now finally use the expansion. I will be sure to use your tips if the problem arises again in the future. 

Message 27 of 40 (2,698 Views)

★ Apprentice
It worked thanks so much!
Message 28 of 40 (2,638 Views)

@hobbitt55  Thank you so much for confirming.  It worked for me, but I didn't want to say it was solved until someone else confirmed.  If the same thing happens again, you should be able to use the same workaround again—I've done it three times so far.

Message 29 of 40 (2,631 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi,

this did not work for me. is there any update on what origin is doing to solve this problem? Thanks!

Message 30 of 40 (2,465 Views)