Re: Sims 3 packs not downloading through Origin: mac OS

by s0e0a

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict Thanks for tagging me in the update, its very much appreciated ^_^

I have submitted an error report to origin as you requested and will attach the logs as required.

@EA_Jason hopefully my logs help ^_^

I've attached a link to my logs incase the attachment through the forum doesn't work 

Edit: removed link.  -puzzlezaddict

Message 11 of 40 (888 Views)

@Morganighte  Thanks for sharing the link to your log files.  I downloaded them and sent them directly to EA_Jason, since he hasn't had a chance to collect them yet, so I've just removed the link.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 40 (862 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA SPORTS FC Team

Thanks for sending these over, I'll get them over to the team Standard smile

Keep them coming!

Jason.png
Message 13 of 40 (835 Views)

★★ Novice

I am facing the problem now, too, on Mac OSX Sierra 10.12.5 with the Supernatural Expansion.
I have successfully downloaded Generations, Seasons and World Adventures just before.
Nothing happens when I click download for Supernatural. I can click other things within the app but then when I want to close it I have to Force Quit

Message 14 of 40 (821 Views)

[ Edited ]

@s0e0a  It would be tremendously helpful if you could generate an Origin error report and send some log files to @EA_Jason, who still needs information from more people.  The best practice would be to run the Origin reset tool for macs first, and then try again to download Supernatural.  Do the error report as soon as you force-quit and before launching Origin again.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

How to do an error report and collect the logs are both described here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/Sims-3-packs-not-downloading-through-Origin-mac-OS/m-p/713198...

Again, it would be great if you could share the info.  EA_Jason doesn't have enough reports yet, so every bit of information will help.

Message 15 of 40 (816 Views)

★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict thank you for the extra information! Unfortunately it says my zip file has an unsupported extension?

Message 16 of 40 (807 Views)

@s0e0a  Can you upload it to Mediafire or a google drive or something like that?  Jason will remove the link once he's downloaded the file.

Message 17 of 40 (803 Views)

sims 3 pets

★ Novice

When I try to install the Pets expansion for sims 3 in the origin desktop app nothing happens when I press the download button, all the other expansion packs works perfectly, this issue is only with Pets. I have tried to fint solutions online but I haven't found anyone with the same problem yet. I am trying to install it on mac. There is also a "buy as gift" option on the Pets expansion that none of the others have if that has any significance  Please help

Message 18 of 40 (750 Views)

How to download my Sims 3 Expansion Packs on Origin on my iMac

★★★ Newbie

So I'm trying to download my already redeemed (previously done on other computer) Sims 3 expansion packs on Origin.  I'm now using an iMac.  When I go to click download in origin, nothing happens.  No matter how many times I click the download button, nothing happens and it's very frustrating.  Can someone help?

Message 19 of 40 (750 Views)

Re: sims 3 pets

@zoqswer and @sammyb2298  This has been a known issue for several weeks, and I've moved both your posts to the thread specifically addressing it.  Unfortunately, there's no fix as of yet, but a number of players have been very helpful in providing error reports and Origin logs.  It doesn't look like EA needs any more information, at least not right now, but feel free to send EA_Jason the files anyway, if you want.

And I'll be sure to update this thread as soon as there's any news at all on this subject.

Message 20 of 40 (733 Views)