Re: Sims 3 Worlds Not Installing

by corey_0414

Original Post

Sims 3 Mac help

★ Novice

Hello, I have been playing my sims 3 since the day it was available on Mac. A few days ago one of my sims files got deleted or corrupted. LUCKILY just a few days before I had copied my "saves" file to my external hard drive. Something funky was going on and it wouldn't let me uninstall my game. So I had to complete wipe my hard drive on my Mac. It completely started my Mac as a new computer.. Long story short I reinstalled all my expansion packs. HOWEVER when I try to install my download contents from thesims3.com website... It says download failure. So I can't download the worlds I had purchased.. I have the newest software on my Mac High Sierra version 10.13.1.... Does anyone have any help or tips??

Message 21 of 37 (798 Views)

Re: SIMS 3 STORE CONTENT WILL NOT DOWNLOAD!!! HELP

EA app Team

Hi everyone,

Sorry to read you are having issues to download your content, thanks for reporting this issue! I'm going to let the team know so they can look into it.

@paulinachristina, I have also merged your post here.

Thanks again,

Mai

Message 22 of 37 (805 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Mac help

@myimmortal791

Moved your post to this thread. As you can see it is an issue for Mac users at the moment. There should be a solution for you though. If you backed up your Sims 3 folder then all your downloaded content should still be in the Electronic Arts > Sims 3 > Downloads folder you copied to your external drive. Just open the Launcher then double click on the world in the Downloads folder to install it.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 23 of 37 (778 Views)

Sims 3 Worlds Not Installing

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm having a lot of trouble suddenly downloading any worlds from the sims 3 store onto my game. I have done just about everything and am completely stumped.... I have done the following:

Uninstalled and Reinstalled my game

Updated to the latest patch

Downloaded super patch

Removed any custom content/mods from my whole computer

Tried installing both on the sims website and in the game 

Tried installing on multiple different browsers

Cleared cache

Cleared browser history

Ran diagnostics on my laptop (no issues)

Updated laptop to current version (macOS Sierra 10.12.6)

I go to download the game and it goes onto the launcher, then I get a null symbol and a message that says "Error downloading content {0}"

When I go onto the sims log and see the message it says 

2017/11/29|21:18:18|OFB-SIM3:60807|Store Download Failure. Download manifest server error.||||Build Version: 1.67.2.024017|Platform: Mac|Locale: en_US|Content URL: http://store.thesims3.com|Web Services URL: http://igs.thesims3.com|

Anyone have any idea of what is wrong?

Message 24 of 37 (761 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have no idea what's going on, but the same is happening to me. I can't install worlds or item packages. The achievement items and some of the free items will download, but no things like the Multitab or any of the worlds. I've done the same thing as you. I've looked on these forums for answers and tried every single option and none of them work. I hope that someone has an answer or that EA is trying to fix this in some way because I spent a lot of money for points and now it's like I wasted said money.

Message 25 of 37 (742 Views)

[ Edited ]

@corey_0414 @LilNiteGaming

Moved your posts to this one. It is a known issue.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 26 of 37 (746 Views)

EA app Team
Hi everyone,

We have been working on this, could you please give it another try and let us know if you are able to download these items now?

Thanks! Standard smile
-Mai
Message 27 of 37 (4,646 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Its working now!!! thank you SOOOO much!!! :D

Message 28 of 37 (723 Views)

★★★ Novice

I just tried it. It's working! You guys are so awesome! Thanks for taking the time to fix this! Now gonna finally be able to play the new worlds I bought! Thanks again!

Message 29 of 37 (718 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I take back what I said, I am now able to download it but its not showing up in my gameFrown 

Message 30 of 37 (693 Views)