Sims 3 Disc Fix Effects? (MAC)

by 5b9pdqru0dci

Original Post

Sims 3 Disc Fix Effects? (MAC)

★★★ Novice
In sixth grade, I got my first ever Sims game, The Sims 3, and I fell in love. I even got my sister on board. BUT I recently (as in a month or so ago) updated to El Capitan and whaddaya know it doesn't read the disc anymore!

I figured that maybe Sims 4 would be fun but it doesn't make me as happy as the Sims 3 does.

I already read and did my research on how to fix everything. I know that I have to register everything through origin (which is a lot since I have roughly 8 expansion packs) but the only concern I have is Origin itself. Now, I haven't used Origin ever, except for downloading the Sims 4 last night. When I originally got Sims 3, it installed the Sims 3 Game Launcher and I've been launching from there ever since. While it would be really sad for me to lose that launcher, I have one more concern about using Origin.

Since the Launcher did not require a log in verification of any sort, it was available to all users of the computer (admins and others alike) and it allowed for separate saves on each. There's three accounts on my computer, one for me, my dad, and my sister. And there's Sims 3 saves on each. And I'd be very very upset if any of them were lost.

So my actual question: if I switch to using digital versions of the Sims 3 on Origin rather than the straight up launcher, will the accounts on the computer still be able to access ALL their old saves, or will everything be limited to one user?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 2 (155 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Disc Fix Effects? (MAC)

★★★ Novice
Also I just want to clarify that my base game of Sims was bought in 2010 which is why Origin was never required
Message 2 of 2 (149 Views)