Re: Sims 0S X 10.6.3 origin help

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Sims 0S X 10.6.3 origin help

★★★ Newbie

Hi, 

Please could someone advise me of what to do? 

I recently was given an old iMac generously, it is currently running OS X 10.6.3. 

I would like to be able to play either sims 2 or 3 on this system but am unable to get origin to work on my computer. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated in getting me to be able to play my beloved sims. 

Thanks in advance !! Standard smile

Message 1 of 3 (314 Views)

Champion

@Lyons20, first of all can you give us your Mac's specs which are found under the Apple Logo in the upper left hand corner. Do NOT include the Serial number. 

Next, you will need to try to update your OS to at least 10.12 which is called Sierra. (From there you can try to update to High Sierra). Free versions of the Mac OS are found on the App Store. If you can update your OS to Sierra or better yet High Sierra, then you can download Origin.

In regards to Sims 2, while it isn't the complete full run of Sims 2 it does contain most of the game and is also available from the App Store as the The Sims 2 Super Collection for Aspyr which is the company that originally ported the game to the Mac OS. It includes the Base Game through Bon Voyage and Family Fun, Glamour Life and Happy Holidays Stuff Packs. You don't need Origin to run this game and it runs fine on the Mac OS. 

Before trying to install Sims 3, let's get your computer to download and run Origin first. Standard smile

Please report back here if you have your Mac's specs and if you managed to update to your OS.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 3 (277 Views)

@Lyons20

Could you please give the full spec of your Mac so we can check the maximum version of macOS it can install to? Click on the Apple in the top left corner then About This Mac. In the little window that pops up click on the More info... button. In the next window please copy and paste all the information under Hardware overview, you will see Model Name, Model Identifier, processor info and a few other details.

You need to be running OS X 10.6.6 minimum as this will install the App Store. Once the App Store is installed you can then upgrade the operating system to a higher version, depending on what model your Mac is.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 3 (262 Views)