Should I transfer my Sims4 files to my new Macbook Air?

by LisanneBuckers

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Should I transfer my Sims4 files to my new Macbook Air?

★★★★ Novice

So yesterday I bought a new laptop since my old Toshiba Satellite is just running so slow these days. I bought the Macbook Air with 128gb and am not that much of a computerwizz but I have a lot of CC files along with the game on my old laptop. I'd love to have the game on the new laptop, but is 128gb enough / will I have plenty of space left?

If not then no problem, I'll just keep them on my pc, but I'd love to have them on my new and much faster laptop.

Greetings

Message 1 of 3 (453 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Should I transfer my Sims4 files to my new Macbook Air?

Champion

@LisanneBuckers, you may have to get rid of some of your CC depending on how much you have. You didn't tell us how much RAM your computer has and if you have anything less than 8GB, your computer is going to struggle to run the game especially if you have all the EPs/SPs/GPs. You can find that information under the black Apple logo in the upper left hand corner (About this Mac). 

You need to make sure that your MacBook has plenty of space around it so the vents aren't blocked. Do not play on your bed or on a pillow as that will cause your laptop to overheat. You'll also have to watch how high you set your graphics in game as well. 

Please remember to read over the Mac Sims 4 section sticked at the top of this forum for some good advice and troubleshooting tips. 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/td-p/46...

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (412 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@LisanneBuckers, you may have to get rid of some of your CC depending on how much you have. You didn't tell us how much RAM your computer has and if you have anything less than 8GB, your computer is going to struggle to run the game especially if you have all the EPs/SPs/GPs. You can find that information under the black Apple logo in the upper left hand corner (About this Mac). 

You need to make sure that your MacBook has plenty of space around it so the vents aren't blocked. Do not play on your bed or on a pillow as that will cause your laptop to overheat. You'll also have to watch how high you set your graphics in game as well. 

Please remember to read over the Mac Sims 4 section sticked at the top of this forum for some good advice and troubleshooting tips. 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/td-p/46...

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 3 (413 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi @Tremayne4260! Thank you for the reply. My laptop has 8gb and I have no EPs, SPs or GPs, so I think I'll be fine.

The problem with the overheating I have had multiple times with my PC, so now I know that that was the cause of the overheating.

Thank you so much for your help!

Message 3 of 3 (396 Views)