Re: Saved games not showing up after downloading new expansion pack

by JSS0317

Original Post

★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict Good news! I found the save folders in my iCloud storage!! I'm working on downloading them back now. Thanks so so so much for your help I really appreciate it!

Message 11 of 16 (540 Views)

@JSS0317  You're very welcome, and I'm glad it all worked out.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 16 (539 Views)

★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict Hello again, I got my games all working, but all of my custom content is gone. Is there any way to get it back? I looked in the DCCache file and it isn't there.

Message 13 of 16 (513 Views)

@JSS0317  There are two types of custom content—.sims3packs and .package files.  Package files should be in your mods folder, in packages.  Sims3pack files are bundled together in .dbc files in your DCCache folder.  If they're not there in either your new folder or your old one (the one that you found in your iCloud drive), then I couldn't begin to tell you where they went.  But if you never cleared out your Downloads folder, the sims3packs should still be there.  Even if they're gone from your game folder, you still might find them, and your .package files, in your computer's Downloads folder (seen in the Finder on the left side, just below Documents) if you haven't cleaned that out either.  If you can locate them, they'll need to be reinstalled but should work as well as before.  Any .package files you find can just be moved over to your mods folder.

If you can't find these files anywhere, then you'll have to redownload them.  You might also need to reinstall your store content (contained in .ebc files in your DCCache folder) as well, although you wouldn't have to pay for it again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 14 of 16 (502 Views)

★★ Novice

All of the custom content I had was sims3pack files. So I looked in the DCCache folder in both of my folders (old and new) and there is a file ending in .dbc but I can't tell if those are my custom content or not. How can I tell?

Message 15 of 16 (497 Views)

★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict ok I think I figured something out it's basically the same thing as before and the .dbc file was only in the iCloud so I moved it to my new folder and I'm seeing if it works.

Message 16 of 16 (494 Views)