Saved games not showing up after downloading new expansion pack

by JSS0317

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Saved games not showing up after downloading new expansion pack

★★ Novice

Earlier today I downloaded Sims 3 world adventures, generations, and late night all at the same time. I opened it and none of my save games are showing up. I can give any info about my computer or files or whatever just please help! I really can't start over from scratch.

Message 1 of 16 (1,284 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Saved games not showing up after downloading new expansion pack

@JSS0317  Going forward, your game folder won't be automatically moved to cloud storage.  But your existing folder may still be there, in which case, you'd need to download it and put it back where it belongs.  You'd also need to trash your new, empty game folder, as your computer won't like having two folders with the same name in the same place.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 10 of 16 (1,331 Views)

All Replies

@JSS0317  The first thing to do is to look in your TS3 game folder in Documents\Electronic Arts.  In the Saves subfolder, do you see any saves?  Check the DCCache folder for .dbc (custom content) and .ebc (store content) files, if you previously had any of either type installed.  This will tell you whether you're looking at a completely new game folder or one that's borked in some other way.

Message 2 of 16 (1,275 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddictI looked in the saves subfolder and there aren't any saves. I previously had a bit of custom content and in the DCCache folder there wasn't any of it. 

Message 3 of 16 (1,270 Views)

@JSS0317  Do you have OneDrive enabled?  Or is it possible you moved your game folder somewhere else before installing the EPs?  The game created that new folder because it couldn't find your old one, so the only question is where it went.

Message 4 of 16 (1,264 Views)

★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict I don't know what OneDrive is. I don't know if this is relevant but right after I downloaded my EPs it wouldn't work and it said something along the lines of "unknown error occurred". I found a tutorial on youtube to fix it and I copied and pasted a file or 2. Here is the tutorial I followed if that helps. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3T-Z492Hjo

Message 5 of 16 (1,256 Views)

@JSS0317  Ah, you're on a mac.  In that case, do you have iCloud enabled?  The same principle applies—your existing TS3 folder could have been moved, along with the rest of the contents of your Documents folder, into cloud storage.

Message 6 of 16 (1,254 Views)

★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict Im not sure how to check that.

Message 7 of 16 (1,251 Views)

@JSS0317  Here's a guide to changing the preferences:

https://bluebellflora.com/2017/02/06/sims-3-and-sims-4-not-loading-save-games/

You can access iCloud by opening a Finder window; it should be listed on the left side under All My Files and above Applications.

Message 8 of 16 (1,247 Views)

★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict Alright, I changed the preferences. Should it work now?

Message 9 of 16 (1,245 Views)

@JSS0317  Going forward, your game folder won't be automatically moved to cloud storage.  But your existing folder may still be there, in which case, you'd need to download it and put it back where it belongs.  You'd also need to trash your new, empty game folder, as your computer won't like having two folders with the same name in the same place.

Message 10 of 16 (1,332 Views)