Re: SIMS 4 unplayable! so laggy!

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

SIMS 4 unplayable! so laggy!

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

hi! i updated my mac to version 10.13.15 and also updated origin and my sims 4 game the other day but ever since then it's been extremely laggy and i can't play at all, its so glitchy. i tried deleting all my tray files which worked and my game went back to normal until i logged off and logged back in again the next day then it was laggy again! i tried a factory reset, deleting cache files, removing tray files but it still won't work. i've never had this problem before. please help! p.s i have no mods and i tried repairing the game in origin.

Message 1 of 6 (673 Views)

Hero

Hi @squirtyunicorns

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (660 Views)

★★ Novice

hello, sorry i don't know how to do a DxDiag on a mac, are these any good?Screen Shot 2018-06-22 at 15.06.23.pngScreen Shot 2018-06-22 at 15.06.30.png

Message 3 of 6 (658 Views)

Hero

Hi @squirtyunicorns

moving your post to the mac forum for better help

Tagging @Bluebellflora 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (652 Views)

@squirtyunicorns  The next thing to try is disabling Origin in-game.  You can also run the Origin reset tool for macs.  It would be a good idea to create another clean folder (the factory reset) just to keep things simple.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 6 (623 Views)

@squirtyunicorns

The NVIDIA GPU in your Mac has been problematic in the past with Sims 4 and required manually updating the drivers through NVIDIA for optimal gameplay. While this isn't normal practice on a Mac it can be done and the results really are fantastic, I have done it myself on my 2012 15" MBP.

If you are interested and want to give it a go, or just read up a bit more on it, I wrote a comprehensive guide here on how to do it and the risks involved - https://bluebellflora.com/manually-update-nvidia-geforce-graphics-drivers-in-os-x/

If you do decide to do it then please do let us know if it improves gameplay for you, it would be great feedback Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 6 of 6 (613 Views)