SIMS 4 NOT LAUNCHING!!

by Wrixleofficial

Original Post

SIMS 4 NOT LAUNCHING!!

★★★ Novice

Helpppp my sims 4 game gives me the colorful spinning wheel then takes so long to launch and sometimes doesn't even launch at all! I am so sick and fed up with this, it used to not happen! Ive tried deleting all my mods, reinstalling, making a whole new account on my Imac (user) and nothing is working! idk know what to do anymore! I need it to work immediately for youtube content!!!!! please help!!

Message 1 of 14 (996 Views)

Re: SIMS 4 NOT LAUNCHING!!

Hero
@Wrixleofficial

moved this to the mac forum for better help

Could you give some more info about your mac/OS Version ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (978 Views)

@Wrixleofficial

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

When you tried a new user account on your Mac did you play a brand new game or copy over your saves/CC etc. from the Sims 4 folder in your other user account?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 14 (956 Views)

★★★ Novice

When I made the new user It did not have any of my cc or anything saved on it!! Frown 

Message 4 of 14 (942 Views)

★★★ Novice

Here is my Mac version information.

Message 5 of 14 (941 Views)

@Wrixleofficial wrote:

When I made the new user It did not have any of my cc or anything saved on it!! Frown 

Exactly. Your game works without your CC because the problem IS your CC. You need to move out all your CC and then move it back in in small batches, testing to see if the game launches after adding each batch. When it stops working again you know that the borked CC is in the batch you just added. It is up to the 3rd party content creators to make sure their CC/Mods work with the game, it's not up to EA to make sure their patches work with the CC.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 14 (929 Views)

★★★ Novice
well even when I take all the cc out it still doesn't launch! Frown And I have removed numerous ammounts of cc that have not had a problem in the past and it is all screwed up!
Message 7 of 14 (922 Views)

@Wrixleofficial

But you just said that when you made the new user account it didn't have your CC or anything saved. I read that as you managed to start the game but none of your saves or CC loaded, is that correct or not?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 8 of 14 (920 Views)

★★★ Novice
Oh no sorry for being unclear!!! When I made the new user it had absolutely no custom content in the mods folder as it is just the regular game! Standard smile
Message 9 of 14 (918 Views)

@Wrixleofficial

Ok. And did the game load or not when you tried to launch it for the first time in the new user account?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 10 of 14 (894 Views)