Re: Can’t change sims 4 to 64 bit??

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Re: Problem with 64-bit/32-bit Origin

★★★ Newbie

I have a similar problem, however, I am using a Macbook 2015 (so it supports the metal) and I want to switch it to a 64-bit because when I went to play it, there was a popup window that said that my macbook didn't support it and I needed to update. My problem is, however, when I go into "advanced launch options" the only things listed are "Game langauge" and "command line arguments" I have NO "when launching this game" option! what do I do?! please help

Message 1 of 8 (2,269 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Tnkuhn

Moved your post to the Mac forum Standard smile

MacOS is already 64-bit, there is nothing further you need to do. EA are aware of the error message and it was recently fixed but subsequently rolled back as the game was unplayable for Lion users. The next version of macOS is likely not to be released until September time, judging by previous release dates, so there is still some time yet for the issue to be patched.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (2,231 Views)

All Replies

@Tnkuhn

Moved your post to the Mac forum Standard smile

MacOS is already 64-bit, there is nothing further you need to do. EA are aware of the error message and it was recently fixed but subsequently rolled back as the game was unplayable for Lion users. The next version of macOS is likely not to be released until September time, judging by previous release dates, so there is still some time yet for the issue to be patched.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 2 of 8 (2,232 Views)

Can’t change sims 4 to 64 bit??

★★★ Newbie

When i try to open sims 4 it states that I can no longer run it on my Mac and it needs updated.  I’ve checked and my Mac is a 64 bit operating system so should still be able to run it despite the new updates on what computers can run it??? When I go into Advanced Launch Options it doesn’t give me the bar to change to 64 bit. No idea what to do and can’t find anything online????

Message 3 of 8 (2,244 Views)

@shannonroper  I've moved your post to the Sims/Mac section.

Can you actually run TS4 right now, despite the error message?  Please let us know either way.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 8 (2,225 Views)
Highlighted

@shannonroper 

I've merged your post with this identical one. Please see my post above. If your game will not load it is because of something else and not related to 32/64-bit.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 5 of 8 (2,214 Views)

★★★ Newbie
It worked for me after trying again Standard smile probably should’ve done that before posting about it lmao
Message 6 of 8 (2,200 Views)

Will Sims 4 Still Be Compatible With Apple OS Updates?

★ Apprentice

Hi,

Just got a new laptop, MacBook Pro.  Downloaded my Sims 4 but a message popped up quickly before downloading saying that with the upcoming major updates to the Apple OS the game MIGHT not be compatible with the Apple UNLESS the game is updated as well.  And it said to contact the developer of the game.  

When Apple does the updates WILL this game be compatible to play?  Need to know which platform to use for my games.

Thanks!

Message 7 of 8 (2,157 Views)

Re: Will Sims 4 Still Be Compatible With Apple OS Updates?

@roamiblu  I've merged your post with a thread on the same subject in the Mac section.  Please see Bluebellflora's accepted solution for more information.  (The short answer is, you're fine, nothing to worry about.)

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 8 of 8 (2,145 Views)