Re: Playing Sims 4 on external hard drive (MAC)

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Playing Sims 4 on external hard drive (MAC)

★★★★★ Newbie

I recently purchased an external hardrive in an effort to have more space to save Mods and CC rather than use up space on my mac hard drive. I have completely deleted Sims 4 from the hard drive on my mac and have re- installed origin and sims 4 on my external hard drive. The EA folder is located on my external hard drive along with the downloaded CC in the mods folder. Unfortunately, every time I open Sims 4 through Origin a new EA folder is generated on my mac hard drive therefore my mods and cc will not show up in game. Does anyone know how I can stop a new folder from generating on my mac hard drive instead of going through my external hard drive where an EA folder exists? 

Message 1 of 2 (1,164 Views)

Accepted Solution

@leahmorris94

Unfortunately you can't. The game will always look in the local user's Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 folder for games to load. Your only option would be to install macOS on the external, install the game in that OS, and then startup your Mac from that drive.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (1,147 Views)

All Replies

@leahmorris94

Unfortunately you can't. The game will always look in the local user's Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 folder for games to load. Your only option would be to install macOS on the external, install the game in that OS, and then startup your Mac from that drive.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (1,148 Views)