Re: [POSSIBLE BUG] UI glitches and greyed out menus after April patch

by mossysapling

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Has anyone managed to fix theirs yet? 

I've reset origin and it's still there, before that I even uninstalled the Sims and re-downloaded it (took over an hour) and still nothing, I also deleted Origin and re-downloaded it, worked the first time and I knew it wouldn't work for the second time I opened it... and it didn't. It's annoying since it would work then it wouldn't.

Edit: I've even sent feedback to them hoping they'll see it and FIX IT, unlikely though. I even did a live chat with them and he was no help at all.

Posts merged by CM

Message 81 of 188 (2,352 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, so like everyone else in this thread. I have the same problems, the same glitches and have tried ALL the suggestions/solutions from this thread and none of them are working. Somewhat frustrated and have no clue to why it is happening. It worked all fine until I got an expansion pack. And yes, I am on a Mac.

I've attached my specs. 

Message 82 of 188 (2,331 Views)

Sims 4 - Shiny Grey And Large Pixels At Certain Times

★★ Novice

The close button is a shiny grey, as well as the notifications. When I save it it sort of does a pixel tornado in a small box. I put photos below. Does anyone know whats going on?

Message 83 of 188 (2,337 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So the issue seems to happen every other time I try to play the game.  Using tools and tricks to try to fix it seem inconsistent.  Just giving an update.

Message 84 of 188 (2,305 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've gotten in touch with the EA help twitter account, I'll see if they're able to help with the issue we're all having.

Message 85 of 188 (2,279 Views)

Re: Sims 4 - Shiny Grey And Large Pixels At Certain Times

@kaleaofclouds 

I’ve moved your post to this thread we have running on this current known issue. Please try the suggestions in the opening post which do appear to work for some. Knowing you Mac specs would also help please Standard smile Instructions on what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 86 of 188 (2,263 Views)

Re: Sims 4 - Shiny Grey And Large Pixels At Certain Times

★★★★★ Novice

The glitch seems to be back again for me and ive done everything i did before and it still won't work 

Message 87 of 188 (2,229 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Okay, so I got a reply from EA Help, I'll try the things listed, and if any of you want to try it go ahead. 

Edit: Okay, I have just finished talking to the EA help twitter and everything she has recommended didn't work at all. 

They were:

- Get rid of CC/MODS

- Reset origin

- Delete cache and some other files (troubleshooting)

None of them works, maybe they might for you. 

I have now sent out a tweet to get help.

Posts merged by CM

Message 88 of 188 (2,225 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I also have the same problem too! after read many suggestion comments, now I can resolve it

this is how i do it

first, move the tray and mods out then repair the game and open the game and close it, then i come back to move those file back and delete localthumbcache.package and open the game again

I don't know it gonna work for the others or not but let's try 

Message 89 of 188 (2,277 Views)

★★ Novice

I just fixed mine by disabling "origin in game" in two different spots

-right clicking on the game in game library and going into it's properties/settings

-going into origins preferences and then going under the origin in game tab and turning it off

Message 90 of 188 (2,242 Views)