Re: Missing interface texture, menu etc

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Weird boxes showing in game...

★★★★ Novice

I also have the same issues on my Mac - nothing of the suggested fixes has done anything to fix this glitch in my game. The glitch happens 100% of the time when booting the game.

My specs are: 

macOS Mojave version 10.14.5

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Late 2016, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)

3,1 GHz Intel Core i5

8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Intel Iris Graphics 550 1536 MB

Message 61 of 188 (3,210 Views)

Re: Weird boxes showing in game...

★ Apprentice

The origin reset thing worked! Thanks so much!

Message 62 of 188 (3,227 Views)

Re: [POSSIBLE BUG] UI glitches and greyed out menus after April patch

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Chiming in that I have, suddenly out of no where, faced the same issue. Can include screenshots if needed, but basically the slide button and icons (such as the new item icon, trash can icon, etc) are missing.

I have:
-Removed all Mods/CC
-Removed all saves
-Repaired through Origins
-Started a clean, "factory reset" folder

Here are my specs:
macOS Mojave v 10.14.4
MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017)
2.5 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB memory
Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB

Edit: Also, for what it's worth, enabling Origins in-game seems to be broken for me? I have it switched to "On" in Origins (under account settings), but I still can't buying a game pack from the Sims 4 menu, and it tells me to enable it in the Origins client. 

Message 63 of 188 (3,195 Views)

Re: [POSSIBLE BUG] UI glitches and greyed out menus after April patch

@pemeberly.

Thanks for the info..

Do you have Origin enabled for the actual game? Click on the game in your games library then on the little cog under the orange Play button, then Game Properties. You'll see a check box for the setting.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 64 of 188 (3,184 Views)

Game sliders and notifications

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Base Game + Free packs (Holiday Celebrations) (Goulish Guitar)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? CAS Menu Notifican Wall
What happens when the bug occurs? The buttons in the CAS menu are greyed out, including changing voice pitch, weight and muscle amount (the buttons are grey boxes) When notifications appear in-game they are grey
What do you expect to see? Buttons are grey boxes/squared instead of circle/normal sliders Blue notification boxes
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Have removed all mods, reset game, repaired game in origin - no fix has worked. Not sure if it's the new update.

Message 65 of 188 (3,172 Views)

Re: Game sliders and notifications

@cooliocookie

I’ve moved your post to this thread referring to your known issue. Please try the suggestions in the first post and see if any of them help.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 66 of 188 (3,154 Views)

Interface Glitch Sims 4

★★★ Novice

Lately, a huge part of the interface has been changed to white squares. I tried deleting mods and restoring game files, but it didn't help. How could I fix the problem? (Photos included) (I'm a Mac user)

Message 67 of 188 (3,163 Views)

Re: Interface Glitch Sims 4

@Ivan_Vin_127 

I’ve moved your post to this thread referring to your known issue. Please try the suggestions in the first post and see if any of them help.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 68 of 188 (3,135 Views)

Missing interface texture, menu etc

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? SP08: 1.assets.ml-sp08.156
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion packs : Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work Game packs : Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat Stuff packs : Laundry day, Fitness, Bowling night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, Movie Hangout, Spooky stuff, Cool kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When you open the menu interface, the first person mode, the cas and more.
What happens when the bug occurs? When you click on the three dots to get into the menu interface, you can see the rectangle edges, when you go into the game options, audio, you can see the sliders broken, the dots are now low quality squares. When you go into build/buy mode, every new stuff that used to come with a star to let you know that is new is now a white rectangle. The cheat menu is not white anymore, it’s grey and white and strange. A lot of edges of many of the pages are rectangular. When entering the first person mode, the visor/ target point is not at the center of the screen anymore, it’s somewhere in the top left hand corner. When you create a sim, the slider of the voice is broken too. And there’s more.
What do you expect to see? The texture should be like what it used to be, rounded, and not bad quality.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I think that the issue came with the last patch, the patch with the new white shelf.

Hello, here is my issue, the texture of the interface of the whole game is a bad quality/missing, the sliders are squares, the target point in the first person mode is not centered and there is more.

Thank you for helping me, the sims is a game that I’ve been playing for soon 10 years and I’m a bit bothered to play with those issues.

Have a great day.

Message 69 of 188 (3,151 Views)

Re: Missing interface texture, menu etc

Hero
Hi @sunsetbby

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 70 of 188 (3,117 Views)