Re: Problems with some game textures

by cjk_12700

Original Post

Re: [POSSIBLE BUG] UI glitches and greyed out menus after April patch

★ Guide

Hi,

Just wanted to state that the suggested solutions did not fix my problem, and I am still having the issue occur. 

Message 51 of 188 (1,929 Views)

@iscool87

Could you please post your Mac specs as others have done? It actually helps to try and narrow down what may be causing the issue. Instructions on what to provide here - https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/461...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 52 of 188 (1,907 Views)

Problems with some game textures

★★★ Newbie

Hi. After the latest update, my game broke a little bit in terms of some of the textures and assets. Some things like the sliders in CAS, background in the Notification Center, and some loading animations are broken. I did have CC installed including MCC, but I took it all out. I also uninstalled and reinstalled the game; neither thing helped at all. I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix this or if anyone else had the same problem. If it helps, I included my PC specs.

Message 53 of 188 (1,888 Views)

@cjk_12700

I've moved your post to this thread related to the issue. Please could you try the suggestions in the opening post and see if any of them help you. Please also make sure to click on the Me Too button Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 54 of 188 (1,872 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi! Thanks for responding and moving the post. I just wanted to reply and say after following the suggestions, it seems to have fixed the bugs. Thanks again

Message 55 of 188 (1,847 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Just joining in -- I'm experiencing the same issue. It comes and goes, sometimes it's there, sometimes it isn't. I don't have any mods installed. I've got City Living, Seasons, Vintage Glamor, and Laundry Day

2018 Macbook Pro with Touch Bar,

macOS Mojave 10.14.4

2.3 GHz i5

16 GB RAM

Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 1536 MB

Message 56 of 188 (1,829 Views)

★★★ Novice
I have the same problem, also restarted all the folders, repaired the game and ran it without mods, tried everything but still the same.

Here are my Specs:
macOS Mojave
Version 10.14.4
MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)
Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Startup Disk: Macintosh HD
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB
Message 57 of 188 (1,809 Views)

★ Guide

I occasionally get this bug too on my Late 2013 13" MacBook Pro with Retina. Attached are my specs:

Message 58 of 188 (1,800 Views)

Weird boxes showing in game...

★ Apprentice

I'm not sure how to describe this...When I opened my game, everything seemed okay, but when I got to the screen with my saves, there were weird boxes (or blocks) where the check boxes were supposed to be. I was able to play the game as I normally do, but these boxes show up everywhere in the game. At this point, I've forgotten what they originally looked like.

My in-game loading screen has also changed. Instead of the spinning green diamond, there is a square with a blurry moving object in it. This sounds really weird so I attached a few screenshots for you. My game is up to date and I've tried repairing the game but nothing has changed. I also removed my custom content and mods, but these strange boxes still show up in my game. 

Like I said before, my game works fine but the images are just really annoying. If there is any way to fix this, please help me. Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 6.13.11 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-05-16 at 6.13.33 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-05-16 at 6.13.54 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-05-16 at 6.38.36 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-05-16 at 6.39.53 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-05-16 at 6.19.27 PM.png

Message 59 of 188 (1,847 Views)

Re: Weird boxes showing in game...

@IchIchiNaru97 

I've merged your post into this thread as your issue is a known glitch. Please read the opening post on page 1 and try the suggestions that have worked for others to fix the issue Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 60 of 188 (1,701 Views)