Re: PLEASE HELP PLZ SIMS 4 MAC DOWNLOADS NOT WORKING

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

PLEASE HELP PLZ SIMS 4 MAC DOWNLOADS NOT WORKING

★ Novice

Plz help...Im trying to download mods to add into my sims 4 game on mac and I have no idea why its not working. All videos online show how to do it on pc, i really need help plz.. Ive tried so many things (even downloaded izip for zip folders) nothing is working, no mods are showing up in my game despite putting them in the mod folder 

Message 1 of 2 (297 Views)

Re: PLEASE HELP PLZ SIMS 4 MAC DOWNLOADS NOT WORKING

@pierreelhagee_  There are a couple of things to note.  One is that you shouldn't need any extra software to unzip files on a mac; double-clicking should do the trick.  The other is that even if you have the framework properly set up, one mod that's incompatible with your current patch level can prevent the rest of the mods from showing up in-game.  Did you update your game a couple of weeks ago?  A new patch was released to coincide with Seasons, and many older mods no longer work.

The best thing at this point is to set up your folders (see the link below) and then download only one or two mods that you know are working properly with the current patch.  Be sure to clean out your mac's Downloads folder first, so that you can be sure you're unzipping the proper file.  If you load your game and the mod shows up, you can start adding a few more at a time, making sure they still work.

If you can't make even one mod appear in-game, the next step is to pull your entire TS4 folder out of Documents and onto your desktop.  Launch the game again, and a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Then you can add a mod or two to this folder and try again.  If it works, you can move your saves and other content into the new folder from the old one.

Here's a helpful guide for setting up a mods framework on a mac:

https://bluebellflora.com/itsaprilxds-how-to-install-mods-on-a-mac-guide-the-sim-4/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (279 Views)