PLEASE HELP! My game keeps freezing on the loading screen when I try and play it

by claudiamille490

Original Post

PLEASE HELP! My game keeps freezing on the loading screen when I try and play it

★ Novice

PLEASE HELP! so i re-downloaded the sims 4 and i wanted to see if it was working again if i added a piece of alpha custom content and the game did work and the cc showed up so i decided to add some more alpha cc but when i tried going onto the game, the loading screen would freeze and my mac computer kept saying to force quit, IT KEEPS DOING THIS! i don't know what to do and i just want to play my game normally again without any trouble, this is SO annoying!!!

Message 1 of 2 (427 Views)

Re: PLEASE HELP! My game keeps freezing on the loading screen when I try and pla

Champion

@claudiamille490 

Please try the following:

• Please copy the Mods folder from your 'The Sims 4' folder to your desktop (for future reference) then delete the mods folder and the localthumbnailcache.package file in your 'The Sims 4' folder and restart the game and so that the game will re-create the folder.
  • Then run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]. After that, please see if the issue has stopped. 
    (If It fixes the situation you can re-add your mods/cc one at a time to see if one was conflicting with the function/causing the glitch - but do not re-add the old config file from the old mods folder, as it is possible for it to have become corrupted also.)
SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 2 (403 Views)