[PARTIAL FIX] Sims 4 CAS cursor glitch

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: CAS problems in macOS High Sierra?

★ Pro
Reinstalling the OS does nothing to fix, and the Mojave Beta still has the problem, so Apple has done nothing so far, but there was another mouse issue that was fixed simply by making the cursor just a hair larger, they have not fixed that issue either even though they know what it is, sadly that "Fix" does not work on the CAS issue. It looks like all these types of cursor issues are on those Macs with Intel graphics.
Message 91 of 155 (1,692 Views)

@twmuse

It does seem like Intel only Macs but oddly not all of them, just random one. All those who have helpfully provided specs don’t even all have the same generation chips so we’ve yet to find common ground Frown

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 92 of 155 (1,679 Views)

★★ Novice

Has anyone been able to fix it? And if I contact Apple could they help me?

Message 93 of 155 (1,669 Views)

@zendercourtney  Apple is not going to be any help here, although you're certainly welcome to contact the company if you'd like.  Listed in the first post on this thread are a few possible fixes you can try, but they don't work for everyone.  A much more drastic step is reinstalling your OS, which has apparently worked for some people.  But it would be really helpful if you could provide the information described in the first post.  There are people working on this issue, and more info is always useful.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 94 of 155 (1,662 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
So what are the other fixes that have reportedly helped people with this issue? I am a little hesitant to try a reinstallation for my current OS...
Message 95 of 155 (1,604 Views)

@walleto  The very first post in this same thread has several steps you can try instead of reinstalling your OS.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/INFO-REQUEST-Sims-4-CAS-cursor-glitch/m-p/6027932#M7813

If none of them help, please provide your mac's specs here.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 96 of 155 (1,597 Views)

@walleto

Reinstalling your OS is good housekeeping for your Mac, especially if you’ve ever run apps that purport to clean up unwanted files. You shouldn’t lose any data as it reinstalls over the top of your existing installation, fixing corrupted and missing files and cleaning it up in general. You should of course always back up Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 97 of 155 (1,582 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@Bluebellflora Thanks, I'll do that soon.

Message 98 of 155 (1,562 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Update:

We think this may be fixed on the Mojave OS (10.14), which officially releases on Monday, September 24, 2018.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 99 of 155 (1,430 Views)

★★★★ Novice
What exactly is the Mojave OS? Is that an update that we need to do manually?
Message 100 of 155 (1,381 Views)