by iimlana

Original Post

Re: [INFO REQUEST] Sims 4 CAS cursor glitch

★★★ Apprentice

Didn't work...

Message 121 of 155 (2,908 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi! I'm also experiencing this problem, I have tried everything recommended above and in the thread itself and none of it works.

My specs:

Mojave (10.14.2)

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013)

2,7 GHz Intel Core i5

8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Logitech mouse

I use mods and CC but removing them and repairing the game did not fix the problem.

I own all packs currently released, but I started noticing this problem when I bought and downloaded Luxury Party Stuff and Fitness Stuff. Along with those I downloaded Mojave to my computer (I believe I didn't have it before).

It seems that there isn't anyone currently working on this problem but I hope it gets fixed sometime in the near future!

Message 122 of 155 (2,821 Views)

★★★ Novice

I’ve been playing the Sims 4 since it came out on this computer but I only just encountered this issue about a month ago. Really appreciate all the effort that has gone into investigating this in the past but I hope people haven’t given up on trying to fix this because this is still affecting people two years on from when this was originally posted! I thought I could deal with it at the begging but it’s starting to really affect how much I play the game :/

This cursor error happens exactly like the video demonstrates and it happens with or without Mods and CC. I have the latest operating system, I’ve tried the ‘super’ repair and I’ve tried with and without Laptop Mode.

macOS Mojave

Version: 10.14.2 (18C54)

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014)

Processor: 1.4 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 4: GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB

What software, if any, you have installed/updated between it working properly and then not working: Not sure - When I happened the first time I didn’t take note of any changes I had made to my Mac since I thought it was just a temporary bug 

Did you update your version of macOS before encountering the error? See above

Did the error appear after updating Origin or the game?  See above

Which pointing device (mouse/trackpad/3rd party device) are you using? Trackpad

Which add on packs do you have installed? All expansions, Parenthood, Laundry Day

Does your monitor have a touchscreen? No

What resolution is your monitor? 13.3-inch (1440 x 900)

Are there any other programs running while the game is running?  (Other than Origin): Most of the time but not always - it happens regardless

Is Origin In-Game enabled or disabled? enabled

Please attach the following file to your post - Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Options.ini Attached

Config.log File:

=== Graphics device info ===

Number:          0

Name (driver):   Intel HD Graphics 5000

Name (database): 4th Gen Intel(r) Core processor graphics HD 5000 - Mobile Haswell - ULT GT3 [Found: 1, Supported: 1]

Vendor:          Intel

Chipset:         Vendor: 8086, Device: 0a26, Board: 0000011b, Chipset: 0009

Driver:          Intel HD Graphics 5000 OpenGL Engine, Version: 0.12.4.7

Driver version:  7

Monitor:         00000000

Texture memory:  1536MB

Message 123 of 155 (2,712 Views)

EA Sims Team

@siobhan237 

Just to let you know, the team has not given up on this issue.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 124 of 155 (2,685 Views)

★★★★ Novice

macOS Mojave

Version 10.14.3

MacBook Air 1,6 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 8 BG 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB

I've downloaded Avast Security after the problem with the cursor started, bud nothing has changed.

I've also tried repairing the game in Origin and even uninstslled the whole game and Origin.

I use cc but when I removed the cc the problem was still occurring.

spa day, cats & dogs, perfect patio stuff, seasons, city living, vintage glamour stuff, luxury party stuff, get famous, parenthood, holiday celebration

Message 125 of 155 (2,622 Views)

★★★ Newbie

When is this going to be solved??? it's an issue from 2017.

Message 126 of 155 (2,539 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It will never get solved honestly, I’m learning to live with it after 2 years.

Message 127 of 155 (2,446 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello! I am having an issue exactly like this as well. Problem is, I JUST downloaded the sims 4 on this mac laptop, because I just bought it. I had the game on my PC with all of the same expansion packs and this issue was not a problem at all. I don't think any of the "hard restarts" or "redownloads" would work for me, because I JUST downloaded the game and its files. I tried every other method you suggested though aside from those. I've read this whole thread as well as a couple others, and seeing as it hasn't been resolved after so long, I'm not sure if it'll do much good posting this. Either way, I would like to try and contribute if it is--after all this time--actually getting solved. All that aside, here are my specs. 

MacOS High Sierra (Version 10.13.6)

Macbook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)

2.7GHz Intel Core i5

8GB 1867MHz DDR3

Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

• What software, if any, you have installed/updated between it working properly and then not working (if you have automatic updates turned on for the App Store please check when they last updated). None
  • Did you update your version of macOS before encountering the error? No
  • Did the error appear after updating Origin or the game? No
  • Which pointing device (mouse/trackpad/3rd party device) are you using? Amazon Basics Wireless Mouse
  • Which add on packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get To Work, Parenthood, Vampires, Laundry Day, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Spooky Stuff, & Free Holiday Celebration Pack
  • Does your monitor have a touchscreen? No
  • What resolution is your monitor? 2560x1600
  • Are there any other programs running while the game is running?  (Other than Origin) No
  • Is Origin In-Game enabled or disabled? I don't know how to figure that out, but whatever is the default after first downloading the game, that's what I have.
  • Please attach the following file to your post - Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Options.ini You can do this by right clicking on the file and selecting Copy. Right click on your Desktop and select Paste. Now right click on the copied file and select rename. Make sure to highlight the entire file name Options.ini, not just the Options bit. Change the whole filename to Options.txt. When the warning window pops up select Use .txt. You can then attach the .txt file to your post on here. The "Options.ini" file is not in my Sims 4 folder. I don't know if it's because it's a completely new game and I haven't messed with the options, but yeah.
Message 128 of 155 (2,390 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've been having the issue since around January 2019. Here's all my info:

macOS Mojave Version 10.14.4

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)

2.9 GHz Intel Core i5

8GB 1867 MHz DDR3

Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

What software, if any, you have installed/updated between it working properly and then not working: I do not think it was my Mac software update, as the most recent one happened after the glitch had started happening (January 22, 2019). The last time I'd played the game WITH the glitch was on the 21st. However, I did find that Origin had an update on January 15, 2019, which was right around the time the cursor glitch started in my game.

Did you update your version of macOS before encountering the error: See above answer.

Did the error appear after updating Origin or the game: See first answer.

Which pointing device (mouse/trackpad/3rd party device) are you using: Trackpad.

Which add on packs do you have installed:  Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Famous, Get To Work, Get Together, Seasons, Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Spa Day, Vampires, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff.

Does your monitor have a touchscreen: No.

What resolution is your monitor: 1280 x 800

Are there any other programs running while the game is running: If any, just Google Chrome or Spotify.

Is Origin In-Game enabled or disabled: Enabled.

Please attach the following file to your post - Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Options.ini: Attached.

Hoping this helps them figure out WHAT IN THE WORLD is going on and why the glitch isn't affecting everyone (though I'm pretty pessimistic at the moment considering this is an issue from 2017). 

Message 129 of 155 (2,280 Views)

@Jobazzle and anyone else in this thread still experiencing this issue.....

Could you reset the NVRAM/PRAM on your Mac and see if that helps? https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204063

If it doesn't help reset the SMC too https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201295

Make sure you have a backup of your Mac and no external drives/keyboards etc. are plugged into your Mac. Resetting is usually safe but always back up to be on the safe side Standard smile

Please report back with how you get on.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 130 of 155 (2,242 Views)