Im still having this glitch April 2018

Message 71 of 155 (2,743 Views)

Re: [INFO REQUEST] Sims 4 CAS cursor glitch

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora

macOS High Sierra

Version 10.13.4

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)

Processor 3.1 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 16GB 1867 MHz DDR3

Graphics Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

Tried all fixes mentioned, but to no avail. The problem started for me a couple months ago when I updated from El Capitan to High Sierra, which leads me to believe that the Mac software update is the issue. Nothing else changed before the problem started as far as I know.

I'm seriously considering regressing back to El Capitan. CAS is my favourite part of The Sims 4.

Message 72 of 155 (2,727 Views)
Highlighted

Thanks for providing more information, those that have, but there are a load of questions I also ask in the opening post that no one seems to be answering. In order to try and fix an issue the developers need as much information as possible. I can't help with this issue as I have tried to recreate and cannot. 

It could be that you all have something in common like a certain piece of installed software, OS setup, or similar. 

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 73 of 155 (2,710 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@ARCTICORNEwrote:

Hey.

I'm getting exactly the same issue since I've updated my mac to High Sierra. I did a repair as said but it doesn't seem to have worked out. Thanks.

my specs :

1.34.18.1220 (Game Version)

macOS High Sierra 10.13

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014)

2,6 GHz Intel Core i5

8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel Iris 1536 MB

3rd Party Mouse

Origin In-Game disabled

Laptop Mode

All Expansions, Game Packs, Stuff Packs so far

CC disabled.

Hello.

I come back to this cause this is still an ongoing annoying issue. I may have missed the questions so i'll just be filling in with some new infos along with a more recent Options.ini since there's a macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 update which i've yet to complete being extra cautious.

What software, if any, you have installed/updated between it working properly and then not working (if you have automatic updates turned on for the App Store please check when they last updated).  i don’t remember installing or updating anything at the time the bug first occurred to me. the last auto update before all goes wrong was probably the new software with the usual Keynote/Pages/Numbers update that comes with it.
Did you update your version of macOS before encountering the error? yes , this is probably the main reason.
Did the error appear after updating Origin or the game? i’ve been updating the game for quite some time and it still appears, but yes first time it occurred was after a patch update i suppose.
Which pointing device (mouse/trackpad/3rd party device) are you using? mouse.
Which add on packs do you have installed? all packs except laundry and further.
Does your monitor have a touchscreen? no.
What resolution is your monitor? 2560 x 1600
Are there any other programs running while the game is running? (Other than Origin) no, i always close everything due to having an integrated graphic card.
Is Origin In-Game enabled or disabled? disabled.

Thank you again.

Message 74 of 155 (2,686 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I just upgraded from a 2015-ish 13-inch MacBook Air to a 2017 MacBook Air, never encountered this glitch on my old computer but after re-downloading the Sims 4, this glitch makes the game basically unplayable. Specs are

macOS High Sierra 

version 10.13.4

MacBook Air 13-inch, 2017

Processor: 1.8 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB

I have all current expansion packs installed as well as Outdoor Retreat.

For me the glitch looks just like in the original video on this post, except the cursor sometimes grows comically large for a moment when you hover near the top of the screen as well.

Tried "repairing" the game, uninstalling and reinstalling, enabling laptop mode, moving save data around, nothing works. Would love to see a fix/update soon.

Message 75 of 155 (2,645 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Have been having this issue for over a year now, have tried everything in this thread but to no avail. Have even reset my MacBook a couple of times and the issues still persist when I reinstall the game. 

What software, if any, you have installed/updated between it working properly and then not working (if you have automatic updates turned on for the App Store please check when they last updated). I cannot recall as it was a long time ago.

Did you update your version of macOS before encountering the error? I don't think so.
Did the error appear after updating Origin or the game? I cannot recall.
Which pointing device (mouse/trackpad/3rd party device) are you using? Trackpad and Apple Magic Mouse 2
Which add on packs do you have installed? All packs.
Does your monitor have a touchscreen? No.
What resolution is your monitor? 1366x768
Are there any other programs running while the game is running? (Other than Origin) Most other programs are usually closed.
Is Origin In-Game enabled or disabled? Enabled

Message 76 of 155 (2,591 Views)

CAS problems in macOS High Sierra?

★★ Novice

Hi! I updated my Mac to MacOS High Sierra, and seem to have many bugs. In create a sim, I can't grab into my sim by clicking left which should be able to do. I once had this problem and I had to reset my computers factory settings. After that, while I was still playing on OS X El Capitan, it worked very well. Will Sims 4 ever work since my Mac has macOs High Sierra? Does anybody have this same problem? 

@Bluebellflora

Message 77 of 155 (2,520 Views)

Re: CAS problems in macOS High Sierra?

@jjansku01

The game works fine on High Sierra for most people. Are you having the problem described in this thread? https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/INFO-REQUEST-Sims-4-CAS-cursor-glitch/m-p/6027932#U6027932

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 78 of 155 (2,501 Views)

Re: CAS problems in macOS High Sierra?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
Yes! I thougt I was the only one who has that problem! What do I do if none of those steps help?

@Bluebellflora
Message 79 of 155 (2,471 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Has anybody found a solution to this yet? I really want to get into CAS but this problem is still persisting! Frown

I never had this problem before updating my OS, so I am sure it's something to do with the operating system, High Sierra. I have removed all mods from my game, yet it still does not work. The packs I have is Cats and Dogs, Get Together, City Living and Dine Out

My specs: 

macOS High Sierra

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013)

Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Message 80 of 155 (2,482 Views)